SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I hope all is well.

I have a 2005 XC90 T5 2.5 Turbo.
Long story short, I don't know what the following piece is called and don't know how to find one. It's the gear selector connection piece, engine compartment. It snaps on to the ball joint that puts the vehicle in P, R, N, etc... It has a metal shaft and a rubber boot that connects to the cable that connects to the interior shifter.
This being my first post I am unable to upload a picture
The metal shaft broke. I believe it's all one piece with the gear cable but still cannot find it. Mainly because I don't know what it's called

Thank you for any responses.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Whole cable needs replaced. PN 30759239. $113 to $140 on the OEM resellers. R&R requires an adjustment after the fact. If you're doing the work yourself, can send instructions if you PM me.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
R&R? What's that? And how is it adjusted? I just swapped my gear shifter, though a 2007 S80, but I noticed the shifter side of the cable could be adjusted length wise by turning the snap-on piece thing.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Repair and [or] Replace.

Adjusting the gear selector cable

Release the adjuster on the gear selector cable by sliding the spring-loaded sleeve forwards and pulling the lug up to the release position.

Press the lever forwards to the P position on the transmission (the foremost position of the lever).

Move the gear shift lever to position P.

Note! Check that P position is engaged: Try to roll the car.

Check that the gear selector is in position P. Press the lug on the cable down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts