SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GB - OBD-II PCMSCAN, any '96 and newer, PPE

I have negotiated a 20% discount for PCM Scan from PalmerPerformanceEngineering

I beleive it's the best combination of features, good support, and affordable price and it works with all '96 and new Volvo OBD-II protocols (ISO-9141, CAN-H and CAN-L). Contact PPE to confirm compatibility with YOUR particular vehicle.

There is more information here

The complete package GB price is $167.96 (that is $209.95 less 20%). Shipping and taxes will vary based on where you live.

If your Volvo is older than 2005 you don't need the $209.95 system, you can get the $189.95 system (less 20%). However, the more expensive system supports ALL protocols and will work with just about any '96 and newer car.

Please reply to this posting if you are interested and ready to commit.

Thank you.

LTA

Modified by LTA at 10:04 AM 8-1-2006

Modified by LTA at 10:40 AM 4-7-2010

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: GB - OBD-II PCMSCAN, any '96 and newer, PPE (LTA)

Group Buy is OPEN! Get 20% off now. At checkout use Coupon Code: SWEDESPEED (you'll see the discount appear when you reach the payment screen)

Thank you Brian for opening the group buy to any and all Swedespeed members!

I ordered mine last night, can't wait to get it!

LTA

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (BellevilleV70)

Quote, originally posted by BellevilleV70 »
Where are these guys located,and how long is the offer good for?

I don't know where they are located, I assume the USA but not sure. Sorry.

I'll check on the expiry but I think the 20% off is good for many months.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Hambone)

Quote, originally posted by Hambone »
Do you know if this will work for an '06 Jeep GC as well? If I understand correctly any platform with OBD-II will be read.

Thanks,
Dan

Quote, originally posted by GT854T5 »
ODBII should be on ALL vehicles 1996 and newer. Some 1995 "luxury" models have version II also. So, yes your Jeep is good to go.

Correct but there's a bit more to it: You need to know what protocol is used in your car, such as ISO-9141 or CAN (or others). If you get the more expensive hardware it will support ALL protocols. If you wan to save some $$ you can get the lower end unit but make sure it will work with your car(s).

LTA

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (phuz)

Quote, originally posted by phuz »
still going [email protected]!?!

Yes buddy! The SS GB is good for one year (until Aug. 2007)!

It's a pretty good tool and they just released a new version.

With the ELM-based tools it comes down to your preference of UI. I like PCM scan, it loads fast, it's stable, it's pretty easy to use and very intuative.

I just used it recently to diagnose a blown O2 sensor fuse. The CEL was on and I was able to very quickly figure out the problem. (The blown fuse was my fault, I shorted something when I was messing with my Aquamist connections).

LTA

·
Super Moderator
14,838 Posts
Re: (LTA)

Quote, originally posted by LTA »
Yes buddy! The SS GB is good for one year (until Aug. 2007)!

It's a pretty good tool and they just released a new version.

With the ELM-based tools it comes down to your preference of UI. I like PCM scan, it loads fast, it's stable, it's pretty easy to use and very intuative.

I just used it recently to diagnose a blown O2 sensor fuse. The CEL was on and I was able to very quickly figure out the problem. (The blown fuse was my fault, I shorted something when I was messing with my Aquamist connections).

LTA

DAMN! that is a long time GB. Good work my friend. Its not on my priority list, but I will definitely be looking at this. w00t!

·
Super Moderator
14,838 Posts
we got a picture of this thing anywhere? im trying to see what the actual device looks like.

n/m...found it.

ordering mine right now.

Modified by phuz at 10:56 AM 9-14-2006

·
Super Moderator
14,838 Posts
i hope i can export data in excel format with this thing

·
Registered
42 Posts
So, one has to have a LAP-TOP or PC within cable distance of the cars plug to use this system or does the Elm Scan 5 device store the information? The web site is inmy opinion very poorly organized as I could not find anything about what equipment is needed.

·
Super Moderator
14,838 Posts
Re: (soloracer)

Quote, originally posted by soloracer »
So, one has to have a LAP-TOP or PC within cable distance of the cars plug to use this system or does the Elm Scan 5 device store the information? The web site is inmy opinion very poorly organized as I could not find anything about what equipment is needed.

correct.

if you dont have a laptop, you can get a really cheap one off ebay just for this purpose. thats what i did with my saab when i had the motec...which was programmed via my laptop. i just kept it in the car.
just make sure you get one with the min. specs for the unit.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (phuz)

DAMN! that is a long time GB. Good work my friend.

Yeah I know, but thanks for telling me any way. You see, I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect

i hope i can export data in excel format with this thing

Of course you can buddy! In fact, the latest version (just out this month) has enhanced logging which I have yet to play with.

http://www.palmerperformance.c...x.php
Here's the interesting part:

"Customizable log file data export to .CSV file for easy viewing in other programs like Excel.
Export with real-time stamps for easy correlation with external data logs.
"
Enjoy!

LTA

·
Super Moderator
14,838 Posts
Re: (LTA)

Quote, originally posted by LTA »
Yeah I know, but thanks for telling me any way. You see, I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect

Of course you can buddy! In fact, the latest version (just out this month) has enhanced logging which I have yet to play with.

http://www.palmerperformance.c...x.php
Here's the interesting part:

"Customizable log file data export to .CSV file for easy viewing in other programs like Excel.
Export with real-time stamps for easy correlation with external data logs.
"
Enjoy!

LTA

well im stoked...it should be here by saturday...
unfortunately, my buddy's bachelor party is this saturday so there won't be any testing until sunday afternoon...during the eagles halftime

·
Super Moderator
14,838 Posts
Re: GB - OBD-II PCMSCAN, any '96 and newer, PPE (Oldman)

Quote, originally posted by Oldman »
I need one what do I do now? OH and I want the best one mine is a 2005 and I want to use it on the wife's 2003 too.

please read above.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Re: GB - OBD-II PCMSCAN, any '96 and newer, PPE (LTA)

This looks pretty cool guys, nice find! I've played around with the demo software/logs for a bit and it's seems good (very visual).

So what do guys that have been using it think?

-Aaron

1 - 20 of 40 Posts