SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guage Pod

I have a 2 1/16th" Boost guage that I want to put in my V70 and want to ask those of you who have boost guages to post pix of their pods and guages as installed. I want something that looks like it belongs there; very discrete. Also; where did you get the guage pod?

·
Registered
18,762 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Re: Guage Pod (Phil R)

Quote, originally posted by Phil R »
I have a 2 1/16th" Boost guage that I want to put in my V70 and want to ask those of you who have boost guages to post pix of their pods and guages as installed. I want something that looks like it belongs there; very discrete. Also; where did you get the guage pod?
I know alot of peeps on this board just say do a search and all that but any questions I will try and help ya.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Guage Pod (BOOSTED S60R)

Holy cow! I like what you have done with your pods! My V70R is actually my Wife's car, and she growls when ever I mention a boost guage. To me, it is all about knowing. I want to know what kind of boost the turbo is kicking and at what RPM. I am a gearhead from way back (a die hard Mustang Cobra fan), and I just want to know what all systems are doing.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Re: Guage Pod (Phil R)

I hope one day Volvo will introduce a diagnostics and gauge system using the NAV screen. Similar like the Nissan Skyline GT-R..

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Guage Pod (Johann)

Quote, originally posted by Johann »
I hope one day Volvo will introduce a diagnostics and gauge system using the NAV screen. Similar like the Nissan Skyline GT-R..

I don't know why that Volvo has not done this, even going simple and putting it on the info screen. I know that us gearheads are a limited bunch in the overall Volvo buying marketplace, but come on! The data is aready in the computer, how hard can it be to write a couple of lines of code that would allow some additional info to be displayed on the info screen? I'm sure that it would sell like hotcakes, even for $100. And think of all the nice info you could put on it? IAT, Boost, etc.

Come on, this is a no-brainer. Hell, the "secret" menu on the nav screen can display things like fan on-fan off, etc.

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Re: Guage Pod (needsdecaf)

Think of how many more $2K+ nav systems they would sell...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts