SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was trying to swap bulbs behind guage cluster to blue LED's and after noticing i cant even put bulbs in back there, that the needle on my speedometer is really slow and seems like its pushed in to far. I noticed no light is shining from behind the center of the needle where there is on the other needles. What happened and can i open it back up and fix this?

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
worked fine, then you took it apart and messed with it, now it doesn't work. Sounds like it was put back together incorrectly. You basically said it yourself that the needle appears to be pushed on too far on the post, probably binding up. I'd do like you said and open it back up, try to adjust it to move more freely. Lots of guys have issues with the needles once the take it apart, seems finicky. Good luck!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think i skimmed over it and i for some reason though that it was 05 and up that were plug in and the earlier models that weren't. I had my friends older brother who works on trucks help me out. (seemed a bit reckless if you ask me) I think he was just a bit careless. he took the needle cover off for some reason (im guessing to see if there was a bulb in there that illuminated the whole thing) and i'm guessing he may have jammed it back on there. And when i asked him for help fixing it after i noticed the issue, he seemed like he was all worried about me making him pay for it because he started messing with stuff that i didnt ask him to mess with. He started going off on a tangent on how it seems normal and how his trucks needles are that slow.
If it were me... as soon as i saw there were no bulbs i would have just put the cluster back in and gave up.
It looks like ill be fixing it myself... :/
thanks guys

·
Registered
877 Posts
Sounds similar to the issue I had wen switching to R cluster faces. Take that clear plastic shield off and pull the needles up a bit. If their wedged down u may need a small crow bar to lift it a bit I did this but put electrical tap around the metal crow bar so I didn't scratch up my gauge faces. Then I just messed with it till I got it right. Make sure ur speed is calibrated by using a gps to monitor speeds and calibrate.

Btw if ur ever thinking of doing R faces nows the time to do it since ur already having calibration problems haha. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts