SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
6,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have a boost gauge and recently purchased the bezel-integrated pod.

I now need to figure out what else I want to monitor besides boost. My first idea is a wideband gauge, but my only issue with is is that even if I notice that I'm running rich or lean, there's really nothing I can do about it??!! So...what other gauges would be useful in your opinion??

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Oil temp/pressure should take precedence over AFR IMHO. AFR's are nice, but in the spirit of gauges, you get more out of knowing oil temp (meaning you know when the engine is ready for some go-go), and oil pressure.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Oil temp/pressure should take precedence over AFR IMHO. AFR's are nice, but in the spirit of gauges, you get more out of knowing oil temp (meaning you know when the engine is ready for some go-go), and oil pressure.
+1 on the oil temp.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
If the boost gauge doesn't have a vacuum meter integrated into it I would say throw a vacuum gauge in also but if it is a boost/vacuum gauge I would also say oil pressure/temp gauge. AFR gauge 3rd and a volt gauge 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
you're going to want to monitor the temperature of the reactor core and also the temperature of the cooling tower. We don't want another chernobyl

·
Registered
121 Posts
Tranny Oil Temp
I installed it many years ago and it really helped me a lot while tracking. Good idea for old 5 speed GT.
Wanted to mention that after installing Tranny Cooler( from ViVa) I reduced peak temperatures for about 15-20 % :)
Good deal!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I use to have volt (due to the car audio system), oil pressure cause honestly if you have no pressure whats the point in knowing the temp, boost/vac, and AFR's. As far as AFR's go it will help you to see if your running rich/lean, and could help trouble shoot problems it did on my old 940.

Like you with that gauge bezel pod I had mounted my AFR gauge inside the cluster of the 940 removing the clock since it died. Gave good readings there since I tend to glance at my gauges while driving.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
How about a debt meter?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I have a feeling the warning light on that gauge would be like the north star, always there.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
I already have a boost gauge and recently purchased the bezel-integrated pod.

I now need to figure out what else I want to monitor besides boost. My first idea is a wideband gauge, but my only issue with is is that even if I notice that I'm running rich or lean, there's really nothing I can do about it??!! So...what other gauges would be useful in your opinion??

Thanks!
AFR.,engine oil temp...Oil pressure you already have and MT oil temp = no.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts