SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, quick question to simply gather ideas as to where this smell may be coming from?

After some time doing WOT runs up to high speeds I get a gasoline smell coming into the cabin. It's not a strong smell, but enough to realize there's gasoline fuming in. After watching around on YouTube, I figured it could be a bad o-ring on one of my injectors. Is this plausible? Where else could there be a leak? I appreciate the help beforehand.

PS: I've replaced my fuel filter less than 30K miles ago. I've also replaced my gas cap around that time too.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Could be the evap canister - if you've every really overfilled the tank, that could be something that has to be replaced.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Is there a fuel smell any other time than WOT? Evap/charcoal canister is normally open to air. If it were contaminated you'd smell it outside the car or all the time. Injector o ring is possible. But if it's that strong it might be an intake manifold gasket.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Generic answer: loose clamps or aged fuel lines somewhere, particularly in the cold. You end up with a mild fuel leak, and WOT you're pushing a lot of fuel, which exacerbates it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts