SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I am currently looking at trading my MY11 Denali on an XC60. Lots of reasons, but one thing I haven't been able to find online is if the 3.2 requires premium or regular? My MB C300 requires premium, although I do alternate mid-grade every second or third tank.

The Yukon has to have the premium, though or you can hear the knock very plainly.

Thanks

GS

·
Registered
306 Posts
I guess everybody knows what knock can do. I've seen (heard) the sound of marbles-in a-can of high-end late model Mercedes accelerating close by, and I could bet it was gasoline related.

I'm told a friend's BMW had very expensive upper engine damage because owners manual stated fuel requirements weren't followed.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Hey Guys,

I am currently looking at trading my MY11 Denali on an XC60. Lots of reasons, but one thing I haven't been able to find online is if the 3.2 requires premium or regular? My MB C300 requires premium, although I do alternate mid-grade every second or third tank.

The Yukon has to have the premium, though or you can hear the knock very plainly.

Thanks

GS

Our engines require 87 octane. You should be fine using 87 octane on any new Volvo vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts