SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there away to decrease the resistance of the gas pedal. Seems hard to give the car gas gradually. Would like to decrease the amount of force needed to accelerate.

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Our cars have weird pedal sensitivity. Seems like the first 10% depression does nothing and then you hit the turbo, scares anyone I let drive my car (in parking lots of course).

I can't imagine it would be too hard to adjust the pressure that is needed, as the pedal is electronic so it's independently operated from the actual throttle. But I don't think you'll be able to tweak the sensitivity any, unless you do mods that change the throttle response.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I think "drive by wire" is the biggest issue. I know on newer Isuzu Rodeos that went to that they have a delay in throttle response that I dont with a cable operated throttle.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know that it is drive by wire, but the resistance on the gas pedal is too tight resulting in a quicker, more abrupt acceleration.

·
Registered
837 Posts
A tune can change and does change that but that's about it.

·
Super Moderator
2,989 Posts
There is a torsion-type return spring that gives the pedal the resistance you refer to. But there isn't anything you can do except to change it to a softer one at your own risk.

It's a drive by wire system so the throttle response could be altered with a tune.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder what the accelerator unit goes for. Might buy a used one if it isn't too expensive to tinker with.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I wonder what the accelerator unit goes for. Might buy a used one if it isn't too expensive to tinker with.
New ones are $105-120 on rock auto. So used ones should be about half that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts