SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just completed 850 mile trip from Nashville to NJ. Averaged what to me is an impressive 31.2 mpg despite spending most of the trip driving at 70-80mpg & passing numerous trucks on the hills of Rt 81. Filled up at beginning of trip & once during the drive after getting 460 miles & readout still showing 100 miles to empty. Mileage has definitely increased since reaching about 18,000 miles (now have 23,500). Not only is mileage impressive but range between fill-ups is convenient. My wife's Lincoln MKC gets good mileage but the small gas tank only gets about 270 miles between fills.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
That is impressive, I usually get around 26 mpg, give or take an mpg, on an all highway road trip running the recommended Premium fuel in my T6.

It's not a Volvo but I was impressed yesterday coming back from VA Beach in my Escalade ESV getting 24.6 mpg at around 400 miles.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What drive mode was it in? comfort? eco?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What drive mode was it in? comfort? eco?
I was in comfort mode. Have only used eco mode once & gas mileage was the same. Then someone explained that eco will improve in town mileage but not highway.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I was in comfort mode. Have only used eco mode once & gas mileage was the same. Then someone explained that eco will improve in town mileage but not highway.
this past weekend drove about the same distance, in eco mode, on mainly main highways and was impressed with the info's average display of 28.9 mpg. set the speed at 75. haven't figured the actual mpg from the gas receipts yet but still impressed with the miles driven between fill-ups (over 500 miles, with 50 miles still displayed). (at the 50 miles low fuel warning, the car did tell me the next gas station was 119 miles away)
if it is true that comfort mode gets the same mileage on the highways as eco i'll be pleased to use that setting.

·
Registered
659 Posts
MPG view.jpg
When at the hardware store this morning I reset the trip meter and then came home just using battery power. When I got home the car told me I was getting some pretty phenomenal gas mileage.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
View attachment 51103
When at the hardware store this morning I reset the trip meter and then came home just using battery power. When I got home the car told me I was getting some pretty phenomenal gas mileage.
Yet, the 340 miles to empty on a full tank don't seem to suggest a great overall average... what does that come down to? 22-23 mpg?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Yet, the 340 miles to empty on a full tank don't seem to suggest a great overall average... what does that come down to? 22-23 mpg?
No, you misinterpreted the gauge -- it was certainly not a full tank. I get much better than that without the battery. It was meant in fun, since you obviously didn't get it. Is there anything at all you don't enjoy criticising?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
No, you misinterpreted the gauge -- it was certainly not a full tank. I get much better than that without the battery. It was meant in fun, since you obviously didn't get it. Is there anything at all you don't enjoy criticising?
Your gas tank shows full. How is that not a full tank? Or is there something wrong with the fuel gauge that I am missing? Not sure what there is to misinterpret.
Not sure I get your point about criticizing either. But no, I think I enjoy criticizing any- and everything. I am a pretty cranky old bastard.

·
Registered
473 Posts
1174.3 MPG! That is very precise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts