SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have a 98 V70 R, yesterday afternoon i put gas in almost a half tank and drove home no problems. I smelled a little gas but i assumed it was because i just got gas. I went to work to day and found about 400cc worth of gas on the ground around my car.It is leaking off the passengers side in front of the rear tire. Any ideas where it is coming from and how to fix this? thanks in advance

·
Registered
128 Posts
On the AWD cars, the pump is located in front of the rear wheel on the passenger side. If you are leaking, chances are that the hard line or the pump gasket is at fault. You can move the panel out of the way with a few plastic nuts and look yourself. If gas is coming from under the large plastic retaining nut, that's the seal. If it's on top where the lines connect and pooling a bit, that's the hardlines.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i took it in to the shop to have it looked at . i dont have the space or time to fix it. He seems to think that it is the cap o-ring on the bottom of the gas tank. I should know for sure tommorow or thursday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts