SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
gas cap holder? AH HA! YES IT DID!

As I remember back to my OSD trip, I have a vague memory of a gas cap holder on the fuel door, I thought it was neat.

I picked up my car from the dealer after shipment, and failed to realize until this last refueling that the cap holder was missing from the fuel door.

Am I imagining the holder or does it really exist?

I have no idea why my dealer (assuming it was they) would remove it.

·
Registered
745 Posts
As I remember back to my OSD trip, I have a vague memory of a gas cap holder on the fuel door, I thought it was neat.

I picked up my car from the dealer after shipment, and failed to realize until this last refueling that the cap holder was missing from the fuel door.

Am I imagining the holder or does it really exist?

I have no idea why my dealer (assuming it was they) would remove it.
I could be wrong but I think only the S60/V60 have the gas cap holder. I know my XC60 doesn't.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I see a spot on the fuel door where it looks like something might have been attached. Darn, I really think a cap holder was there, I remember being amused by it! Hope I'm not creating a false memory :facepalm:

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
none of the 60s have an official gas cap holder...still, the gas cap fits right on top of the fuel filler door hinge.

·
Registered
745 Posts
none of the 60s have an official gas cap holder...still, the gas cap fits right on top of the fuel filler door hinge.
Borrowed this picture from the S60/V60 forum but I believe this is what OP is looking for..

My XC60 does not have a hinge designed like that.

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription Denim Blue, T5, Prancing Moose, AWD, Climate,
1,843 Posts
Borrowed this picture from the S60/V60 forum but I believe this is what OP is looking for..

Neither does mine.

Kind of boggles my mind slightly.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I must be thinking of something else, thanks for the picks and posts.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My XC doesn't have one either. I just hang the squared bits of the cord on the fuel door and that keeps it in place long enough.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I just let it dangle :)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, a little turn of events.

This has been a problem for me since I started this thread, and I contacted FDC in Goteborg, asking specifically if the XC60 had a gas cap holder, here is their reply :

Good morning Sir,

Yes. The car came with a cap holder. Please contact Marine Insurance.

Have a great day!
Sooooo, big question is, where did it go????

I can't believe I'm the only one that had a gas cap holder, I'm sure others are out there!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
So, a little turn of events.

This has been a problem for me since I started this thread, and I contacted FDC in Goteborg, asking specifically if the XC60 had a gas cap holder, here is their reply :

Sooooo, big question is, where did it go????

I can't believe I'm the only one that had a gas cap holder, I'm sure others are out there!
I'm betting this is a change or something in the last few years. Mine and apparently others do not have this.

Mine is as barren as can be. Nothing is there but a hinge.

Judging by the year models of those replying to this thread, it appears it was changed in the MY2015.5 as there is at least one MY2015 that does not have this as well.

It could be that mcmanus' XC60 MY2015 has the same issue as the MY2015.5 of yours johnee, though.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its actually on the door. I can see a small rectangle on the door that looks as if it was cut flush with the interior door surface. If I get time, i'll try to get a pic.

I'm also asking in the OSD forum, could be its something they add for osd, and mine was stolen!

·
Registered
745 Posts
I'm betting this is a change or something in the last few years. Mine and apparently others do not have this.

Mine is as barren as can be. Nothing is there but a hinge.

Judging by the year models of those replying to this thread, it appears it was changed in the MY2015.5 as there is at least one MY2015 that does not have this as well.

It could be that mcmanus' XC60 MY2015 has the same issue as the MY2015.5 of yours johnee, though.
My MY2015 was not OSD'd. I'm wondering if one could order the hinge mechanism from the S60/V60 and use it on the XC60 or if there's a size issue. I'll take a picture of mine for reference tonight.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
My MY2015 was not OSD'd. I'm wondering if one could order the hinge mechanism from the S60/V60 and use it on the XC60 or if there's a size issue. I'll take a picture of mine for reference tonight.
It very well could be an OSD thing on the XC60. I recall seeing one on a loaner S60 (2014 model, IIRC) but on the XC60 it may be an OSD thing.

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts

Our V60 has this, and I was surprised to not see it on our XC60. Letting it dangle and clap against the body doesn't seem to be the best solution though...Volvo.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
So on my fuel door, you can see the spot next to the tether connection. That's where the gas cap holder used to be. it was squat and held onto the threads of the cap.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Mine has that spot as well. I think it's just from manufacturing.

This is what I do. The tether clip has enough overhang to hook the gas cap on it. I just gently rest it on there and the lip of the cap catches the clip and it rests against the latch. Sits quite neatly really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
745 Posts
So on my fuel door, you can see the spot next to the tether connection. That's where the gas cap holder used to be. it was squat and held onto the threads of the cap.

My non-OSD Canadian XC60 has the same marking.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.