SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(sorry for bad quality pics, facebook reduced quality and I forgot to save them before)

Installed a second door opener, what a pain the the butt.. I had to buy low headroom brackets because the door would hit the rail as there is not much clearance.
All the tools are in the office drawers between the two garage doors, keeps the dust away although if it wasn't an apartment I would seal the concrete floor.

I have installed a stopper for the car, it positions the car exactly where it should be and leaves only half an inch in the back. The truck didn't need any as it needs ot touch the wall to have one inch left in the back... I had to move the water heater on the side because there was no way the truck could fit otherwise.

It's still way too small because I don't have space for a workbench or big tools, someday I'll have a HUGE 4-5 space garage, but for now, being a rented condo, I'm satisfied!!!

At least I can fit the two vehicles (can't park in the street in the winter and no outside parking) and all the stuff we have.

BTW, the car stopper came from Amazon. it's like 20$

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Very nice! My dad and I remodeled our garage a few years back.

But nothing compares to Melvin's Swede Stable. I look forward to the day I buy my own house and garage.

Great choice of vehicles :thumbup:

4' bed or 6' bed on the Taco?

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Very nice! I greatly appreciate the organization in that space! :)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Taco is double cab long bed!

when I'll have my own house I'll have a huge garage plus another outside shed/garage... now I'm in a condo I must appreciate the fact that I havetwo private places in the garage, which is rare.

My ideal garage would look like this: http://garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71002

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I'll take this Garage - Please - It's on My List .

I Think the Floor would be a Drak Gray thou .

when I'll have my own house I'll have a huge garage plus another outside shed/garage... now I'm in a condo I must appreciate the fact that I havetwo private places in the garage, which is rare.

My ideal garage would look like this: http://garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71002

·
Registered
7,272 Posts

I Think the Floor would be a Drak Gray thou .

I'd do a high-gloss dark black to hide any potential leaks/spills (though in that garage that would = certain death!)

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Checker broad

Checker broad would be Nice in that all White Garage: Rebel Blue & Yellow Gold - checker broad or Gray & Rebel Blue

Hey Beach Boy , I think You should have bought some of (( My HD Shelving Units ))

The Lower Shelf is a Accident waiting to happen . The Brackets should have been 3 times bigger ,
at the very least . I do realize it's rental , but My stuff can be moved . At least put in larger supports
every 4 ft. so No one gets Hurt . ( Very Good First attempt ) . . . .

·
Registered
8,379 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Checker broad would be Nice in that all White Garage: Rebel Blue & Yellow Gold - checker broad or Gray & Rebel Blue

Hey Beach Boy , I think You should have bought some of (( My HD Shelving Units ))

The Lower Shelf is a Accident waiting to happen . The Brackets should have been 3 times bigger ,
at the very least . I do realize it's rental , but My stuff can be moved . At least put in larger supports
every 4 ft. so No one gets Hurt . ( Very Good First attempt ) . . . .
The brackets are short, but there is not that much weight in them, It goes past the middle point and the back edge of each shelf is doubled where the screws are so it doesn't lift. The brackets are on each stud at 16" I'm quite sure it's plenty solid for the job.

I will remove them when moving so I don't have any liabilities with the next tenants should they put heavy stuff on them.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts

i just painted my garage walls and did my floor similar to this. what a difference it made. took a whole weekend and $800 in material for the floor (tile red epoxy with high gloss clearcoat). then a tree fell thru my house because of Sandy. :(
complete teardown and rebuild.
maybe i will do gray this time. as that looks awesome.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Some Area's really had a lot of Tree Damage . Let Me Know If You need anything - like some - HD Shelves .

Many Be a Custom Storm Room for the Next Sandy . ;)

ps:
Happy Thanks Given to All and have a Safe Holiday .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts