SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 07 s80 today and I have spent the better part of 2hrs trying to get the garage door opener to work. For some reason I was not given a manual for this car, so I have resorted to looking online for instructions. I have found a couple of different methods, and I have tried all of them in every way possible and I cannot seem to get it to work. Is there something that I might be missing or something that is commonly done wrong? Thanks.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Re: Garage door opener?? (NotoriousBIP)

This is what I remember. Press the original garage remote button in simultaneous with the homelink button. Once the homelink light blinks slowly, stop pressing both, get to your garage motor, press the orange button, get back to your car, and press the homelink button once more. Your garage door should open or close at this point.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Garage door opener?? (zamo)

Well that is completely different than anything that I was doing before. I never saw anything about pressing a button on the motor of your garage door...so I will try this out when I get home. I will let you know the results, thanks.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts

The method you use may be different depending on your garage door opener. <p>Pressing the two outside homelink buttons on your visor at same time clears out any codes already loaded. One should do this when they sell a car so the new owner cannot open your garage door.<p>Method 1 is to press the desired homelink button until light blinks rapidly then press your garage door remote control while you are holding it up near the visor. The blink rate should change when it is programmed. This works most of the time.<p>Method 2 is used if you have a newer garage door opener with rolling codes. You may have to re-program your existing garage door remote opener and the homelink button at the same time. This usually entails pressing the re-programm button on the back of the garage door opener motor then getting into your car and pressing the appropriate buttons. Your window of opportunity may only be 20 seconds each time you re-program. By pressing this re-program button you are in effect clearing out existing codes and sending new codes to the remote control units.<p>Be careful you do not re-program when any of your neighbors are attempting to open their garage doors as their remotes can pick up your signal. This happened to us and it drove us crazy until we figured it out.<p>You can also look online at your garage door opener manufacture or homelink site for instructions.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Re: Garage door opener?? (zamo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>zamo</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is what I remember. Press the original garage remote button in simultaneous with the homelink button. Once the homelink light blinks slowly, stop pressing both, get to your garage motor, press the orange button, get back to your car, and press the homelink button once more. Your garage door should open or close at this point.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Thats what I remeber doing. Pressing the button on the garage door opener puts it in learning mode or something like that. The learning mode allows the homelink to sync with the garage opener.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts

The owner manual is available on volvocars.com web site.<p><A HREF="https://www.customers.volvocars.com/owners/docs/2007/2007_S80/07s80_00.htm" TARGET="_blank">https://www.customers.volvocar...0.htm</A><p>Read the manual. There are several different types of garage openers. Manual describes the details of setting for each type.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Well I went and got a manual from the dealer today, and I followed the steps in which you have to press the button on the garage door motor and then press the homelink button 3 times in a sequence, and that worked. It was quite a hectic process to figure out but wow its amazing now that its done. Thanks for your help guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts