SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
got mine, nicely packed in a thin tube and very quick turnaround/delivery. i gave it a few bends by hand to create some curvature since it was pretty straight out of the box. my install's about the same as socal70 with slightly misaligned ends and tiny little gap in the middle. but really un-noticeable unless you look really closely, especially on my black car.

i like it. nice subtle sporty touch, very OEM. thanks socal70 for sharing the find!
That's great! You are very welcome, glad to contribute to this forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
205 Posts
Socal, I know this sounds like I am lazy but do you have the color code handy? My car is not easily accessible at this time (winter hibernation). Thanks for any help, hopefully it is just a copy paste.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Socal, I know this sounds like I am lazy but do you have the color code handy? My car is not easily accessible at this time (winter hibernation). Thanks for any help, hopefully it is just a copy paste.
Haha, lazy Sunday mornings, aren't they great. It's is 702. And for all the others in case they are wondering:

·
Registered
639 Posts
According to Volvo, the OEM factory spoiler lip adds 50 N (Newton-meters) of downforce at 100 km/h (37 foot-pounds at 62 mph).
you could add 37 pound sack to the trunk, but it wouldn't look as nice :)
all kidding aside, that is a nice lip and a much cheaper alternative than the OEM one. At one point pre-painted Volvo ones were available on eBay, but cost $300+. Not sure if any pre-painted ones are still available, but the primed version can still be purchased.
Actually, that sack will add about 3x the downforce of the lip. The problem with the cheap one is it doesn't meet the bar for a cosmetic piece. That misalignment would drive me nuts. Looks like they didn't accommodate for shrinkage in the mold design.

Crazy the painted Volvo one is almost half as much as a rear bumper.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Ah, don't know how I overlooked the first part of this thread. Now I understand why the dimension the folks in Taiwan had for the Fyralip was wrong. The length dimension they have you take I got 104cm, and 120 degrees. I see from the picture above their numbers are clearly wrong, so I am going to get super anal and measure each edge, the angle, and model the full thing in Solidworks and send them a drawing.

From euromotorsport on eBay:
According to our database the length of our lip spoiler is 106.5cm and the angle is 100°
If the dimension is correct for your car you could place your order directly.
Or we could customize one for 120° and 104cm trunk lid ( the end to end length should be 1075mm )

·
Registered
639 Posts
Sigh. Got my lip. One week turn, looks great, paint matches fine, 120 degrees is perfect... and they cut it too long. By a lot: 5.5cm. More than 2"!

It's kind of too bad. I was going to install it at the body shop when I got the car back after getting hit by a doddering old man and suggest they start using them, but it doesn't look good being too long. My shop quoted me like $500 to install the Volvo one while I was in. They could charge $250 for the Fyralip, have it done wrong once and still make money.

·
Registered
234 Posts
This was posted on another C70 thread. I think it fits pretty good- the first post of this thread didn't like his fit- They must have changed it. You can see the pix from the link below.

I Bought this on Amazon for about $57 about 2 weeks ago. Quick ship via FEDEX. (took 5 days from day of order). Fits perfect and the color is exact. Just search for Fyralip spoiler and choose C70 and check 'other colors' box and they paint it up to the paint code. Mine was 477 electric silver. Very easy to install. Clean off area with alcohol and position per-assembly. Then slowly peel back 3m adhesive strips and apply and peel. Took about 60 seconds-really helps to have another person holding up the other end as you are peeling and pressing.
Here are some pics: https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-gQqGs7

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yeah, looks like yours was cut right, though now I'm wondering if a squarer cut at the back edge would be better...

*Interesting. Mine was cut square and profiled, not rounded like yours.

Update: they responded a new, correct one is headed my way!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Could you send me the contact info for Fyralip, I want to purchase one but need the color code for Chrome to match the rear emblems.

Now if someone could tell me if the Volvo strut brace currently at $65 is good enough or if I need to bump it up and get an aftermarket one from Viva for $165 I would be happy.

Thanks John

·
Registered
639 Posts
Wow. I really appreciate the scope of what these guys are doing. It is not easy to design or install. I got my remade lip spoiler and they actually cut it short to my measurement and it was still too long... I'm super anal about these things because it's my job, so trying to decide if I should buy another one. Looks like about 105.5 would be perfect to my eye. The biggest challenge is the ends of the trim on the trunk lid actually curve in a little tighter than the main radius.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AruMTzMbn2KpiEN5HDJVN0CR1lzZ?e=mNXXXa
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AruMTzMbn2KpiEQkLf1uBxM-0A0F?e=KjtVyX
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AruMTzMbn2KpiEV1lsCbL9avn1-6?e=Jt9mlG
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AruMTzMbn2KpiEbmo6uFkEf0p01z?e=xY2eah

·
Registered
116 Posts
Looks good i would say

·
Registered
44 Posts
I saw that, I just need to find out a color code that matches the cars emblems. I think the contrast would look pretty good.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Finally decided to order the lip, but the link to amazon is not active anymore. Found a lip on ebay from Taiwan but im not sure if that is the fyralip one. Also sent few emails to fyralip, no answers.
Anyone got any contacts where to order? Im just not sure how good that lip in Taiwan is

·
Registered
234 Posts
Finally decided to order the lip, but the link to amazon is not active anymore. Found a lip on ebay from Taiwan but im not sure if that is the fyralip one. Also sent few emails to fyralip, no answers.
Anyone got any contacts where to order? Im just not sure how good that lip in Taiwan is

Here is the link I have from Amazon- and it seems to work. If it doesn't then PM me and I have a contact somewhere when I first ordered it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
“Currently unavailable
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.”
This is what it shows for me
Also i got pre-facelift 07 model if that changes something

·
Registered
138 Posts
It shows available now but they have separate listings for pre and post face-lift. There isn't any difference in the trunk lid though, right?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Interesting, for me it still shows not available ...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Must be a US availability thing. I ordered one but estimated delivery is Jan 21-29.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 52 Posts