SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Where are you based? Ours arrived in Port Hueneme April 26 and arrived at our dealer 2 days later (Burlingame, just south of SF)... so you could be in for a pleasant surprise!! (Except, of course, for that apparent stop-sale currently going on.......)
Eugene, OR
The sales guy told me he thinks it's likely to get there by the end of the month and that the car was on its way, in Texas. Meaning, he doesn't know what he's talking about.
Hopefully this week or the next I'll have a pleasant surprise :D

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Congrats. Mine is scheduled to hit Hueneme on 6/2 and then has a similar distance to go to get to me as yours has to get to you. So I'll be curious to see when you get yours. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
My car is on that boat as well, and going to the same Burlingame dealership. It'd be awesome if it got there in 2 days...

·
Registered
66 Posts
According to one of the tracking sites the Atlantic Star has back tracked and is now in Rotterdam. Last time I checked (yesterday) it had left Liverpool and was heading for Halifax, NS. Hope this is an error...

·
Registered
85 Posts
According to one of the tracking sites the Atlantic Star has back tracked and is now in Rotterdam. Last time I checked (yesterday) it had left Liverpool and was heading for Halifax, NS. Hope this is an error...
I've been using Vessel Finder and it looks like the boat is just out of range as it crosses the Atlantic. At least that's what I'm hoping :)

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
How do you track it once it's been sitting in Halifax for last 2 weeks? I was told it had the recall carried out already and is scheduled for train transport. The wait is killing me lol

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Will it show once it's left Halifax for the dealership & when it will arrive?? There has been no update since end of April when the ship arrived in Halifax :(

·
Registered
566 Posts
Will it show once it's left Halifax for the dealership & when it will arrive?? There has been no update since end of April when the ship arrived in Halifax :(
It does not update on W&W's site. However your GM at your dealership can see the exact status of your car. I'm guessing yours got delayed because of the sunroof fix and maybe there was a back up? Either way I would reach out to your GM and he/she should be able to help you.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
It does not update on W&W's site. However your GM at your dealership can see the exact status of your car. I'm guessing yours got delayed because of the sunroof fix and maybe there was a back up? Either way I would reach out to your GM and he/she should be able to help you.
Thanks, yes was delayed because of the recall. My dealer did say the recall has been carried out already and is scheduled for train transport. But I thought it would still show some kind of update on the website with ETA etc. So this is pretty much it for tracking right?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Thanks, yes was delayed because of the recall. My dealer did say the recall has been carried out already and is scheduled for train transport. But I thought it would still show some kind of update on the website with ETA etc. So this is pretty much it for tracking right?
Correct. Mine did not have any train transport so I'm not sure how tracking for that would work. Other than getting info from the GM, I think waiting is the only option. It is probably the hardest part of the whole process but you're almost at the finish line! Hopefully you will get some good news soon!

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Correct. Mine did not have any train transport so I'm not sure how tracking for that would work. Other than getting info from the GM, I think waiting is the only option. It is probably the hardest part of the whole process but you're al,last at the finish line! Hopefully you will get some good news soon!
Yes exactly :D Ok I guess I just have to patiently wait now lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've been using Vessel Finder and it looks like the boat is just out of range as it crosses the Atlantic. At least that's what I'm hoping :)
Looks like it's just left Halifax en route to New York, still scheduled to arrive at Baltimore on Friday 5/20.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Mine is lost in the vast ocean out of range of the free non-satellite tracking, but they do update the vessel's local time zone. It just changed to UTC-4, so I know it's closing in on the east coast of the US. It's possible that I'm following this too closely.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Mine is lost in the vast ocean out of range of the free non-satellite tracking, but they do update the vessel's local time zone. It just changed to UTC-4, so I know it's closing in on the east coast of the US. It's possible that I'm following this too closely.
I did the same thing. Out of range is the worst. You can pay for satellite tracking but I personally don't think it's worth it at all. Sign up for notifications if you are using marinetraffic.com. You'll get info on when the ship slows down and if the ETA is delayed any.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I did the same thing. Out of range is the worst. You can pay for satellite tracking but I personally don't think it's worth it at all. Sign up for notifications if you are using marinetraffic.com. You'll get info on when the ship slows down and if the ETA is delayed any.
Yep, I've got the notifications set up. At least out of range should be nearly over as it's nearly to the east coast and then it's going down the coast, through the canal, and up the other side to LA. Should be relatively close to land the whole way. The worst will be once it hits port and I'm SOL till the dealer calls. :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yep, I've got the notifications set up. At least out of range should be nearly over as it's nearly to the east coast and then it's going down the coast, through the canal, and up the other side to LA. Should be relatively close to land the whole way. The worst will be once it hits port and I'm SOL till the dealer calls. :)
Haha yeah that really is the worst. Getting the call when your car arrives at the dealer is great though. Mine came a couple of days earlier than I expected and it's worth not being able to track it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Looks like it's just left Halifax en route to New York, still scheduled to arrive at Baltimore on Friday 5/20.
Can't wait, but like bizzy045 and Zaxxon have said, I'm NOT looking forward to the no man's land once it leaves the port and I'm just waiting. I'm giving it a full week after it hits port to get to the dealer before I start really getting impatient (at least that's my goal for now)...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Gee, I'm at the worst moment I assume. The car arrived at the port on 5/9.
A confession: I'm driving a couple of miles more when I'm leaving work and heading home, just to pass in front of the dealership and see if there's something new on the lot. Quite goofy, I know :D

Anyways, this is a small town... I drive 7 miles instead of 5 :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I reached out to my dealer (they're the ones in Burlingame in the Bay Area, like another poster here...), and he mentioned that they do get an update when the car is changed to COFT status, which is when it's being transported — I'm guessing from the port. Maybe if you're really anxious and bug your dealer enough they'll let you know when it's actually being moved by truck.

61 - 80 of 112 Posts