SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

41 - 60 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Once it boards the ship, it took 12-13 days to get from Gothenburg to Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Wow that's pretty fast, thanks. So is this where the ships go for Canada & then they put it on train or transport trucks?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Wow that's pretty fast, thanks. So is this where the ships go for Canada & then they put it on train or transport trucks?
For my car, it stayed on the same ship. Went from Gothenburg, Sweden -> Zeebrugge, Belgium -> South Hampton, UK -> Halifax, Nova Scotia -> New York, NY -> Brunswick, GA (total of 18 days).

I imagine, it might get transferred on transport trucks once it reaches Halifax to anywhere in Eastern Canada. I wouldn't think they would use a train. I do know that vehicles delivered to California, seem to take an extra two weeks, and switch boats multiple times.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
^ Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
107 Posts
My T8 was booked on April 7 and received at port on April 8. A ship left on April 12. No additional updates on W&W site. Dealier said that the T8 should be in port on May 1. How do I find out if the T8 is really on the ship - Atlantic Concert?

·
Registered
566 Posts
When you use your VIN on W&W site in the cargo ID section to track, it should load on the details. It should say loaded on vessel. That is how you know it is officially on the ship. See my previous screenshots in this thread.

·
Registered
107 Posts
So if not shown on ship, it missed the ship that left 4 days after it had been received at the port? This will not match what the dealer indicated that it would be in port on May 1. Ships indicate next will port in Baltimore on May 10th. Could be sitting on the dock of the bay watching the tide roll away??

·
Registered
98 Posts
Guys, is it normal for the ship to "disappear" once it reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
My car is in the Toscana ship (call sign 2XQC6) and the last location update was when it was approaching the ocean, on 4/14.

Cheers!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yeah completely normal. I was freaking out also. Once it gets far enough away from land it goes out of range. You can pay $20 or so to track via satellite, but I didn't do that.

On another note, my car is scheduled to arrive at the dealer tomorrow. Should have it Tuesday or Wednesday!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Guys, is it normal for the ship to "disappear" once it reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
Yeah. The ship I was on re-appeared for a day or so when pulling past the Azores, but generally it was out of range of land-based sensors.

You might be able to see it using this site: http://www.marinetraffic.com

·
Registered
98 Posts
Cool, thanks guys!
I bet this question was already answered here a couple of times, but I couldn't find a definitive answer: How long does it take for the time to get to the dealership, once it gets to the destination port?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Cool, thanks guys!
I bet this question was already answered here a couple of times, but I couldn't find a definitive answer: How long does it take for the time to get to the dealership, once it gets to the destination port?
Depends on your port and distance from port to dealer. However around 7-10 days is pretty standard.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
For those of you on the west coast, an awesome schematic diagram showing the incredible journey through the Panama Canal -- a far more complex adventure than I had realized:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Does anyone know how long it can take for your VIN to show up on the W&W site after the ship leaves Gothenburg (assuming it was on the ship)? I was hoping my car would be on the Atlantic Concert leaving 4/12 but my VIN still doesn't pull up anything. Didn't know if it could still be on the ship or if that means it missed it and is waiting for the next. Trying not to be impatient, but you know how that goes :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
I also was hoping that my T8 would be on the Atlantic Concert. as it arrived at the port on April 8th. But it missed the ship. Now is on the AIDA and it just went out of sight in the Atlantic Ocean. Due in port of Baltimore on April 28th. Confirmed with dealer that his records also have the T8 due in port on the 28th. Have several port installations. Hoping for a delivery prior to May 10th in Illinois.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Car made it to dealer today! Pick up most likely tomorrow. Finally the long wait is over! Took 10 days from port to dealer.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Car made it to dealer today! Pick up most likely tomorrow. Finally the long wait is over! Took 10 days from port to dealer.
Sweet!!!!! Congrats!!!!!! :) Ours arrives in port next Tuesday (26th), should be in dealer the following Friday I'm told :)

Dont forget the super-duper master delivery checklist:

- [ ] 0. Request wash/detailing NOT be performed
- [ ] 1. Verify two key FOBs, physical keys in both, and a third small key in the box
- [ ] 2. Verify latest software version
- [ ] 3. Verify install of maps (no longer installed at factory)
- [ ] 4. Verify install and registration of Apple Car Play
- [ ] 5. Configure software and verify connections before leaving dealership
- [ ] 6. Verify Volvo on Call and XM Radio registration and operation
- [ ] 7. Verify AT&T wifi registration, SIM card installation and operation
- [ ] 8. Setup VOC on iPhone
- [ ] 9. Verify remote start, et al
- [ ] 10. Demo locking and unlocking doors, windows and trunk
- [ ] 11. Demo mirrors and front row seats and set up driver profiles
- [ ] 12. Demo adjustment of second and third rows seats
- [ ] 13. Demo open trunk, hood, fuel cap, et al
- [ ] 14. Demo checking of service levels (e.g., tires, oil, et al)
- [ ] 15. Review winter driving, emergency equipment and towing procedures, including tires
- [ ] 16. Review use of PHEV plug-in (T8)
- [ ] 17. Meet service manager and associates
- [ ] 18. Review after hours contacts
- [ ] 19. Demo proper method to jump "start" battery safely
- [ ] 20. Verify dealer badge/logo was not added (if that is a concern)
- [ ] 21. Demo 360 view if applicable
- [ ] CONFIRM VIN AGAINST REG/INSURANCE

·
Registered
566 Posts
Thanks for the checklist!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for the tracking information! This gives me something to do while waiting the month for the car to slowly make its way over...

·
Registered
98 Posts
According to 2WGLOBAL.COM my car was "delivered from" Port Hueneme on 5/9, assuming it will take about 10 days to get to the dealership, I should be getting the car next week - WOO HOO! :D

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
According to 2WGLOBAL.COM my car was "delivered from" Port Hueneme on 5/9, assuming it will take about 10 days to get to the dealership, I should be getting the car next week - WOO HOO! :D
Where are you based? Ours arrived in Port Hueneme April 26 and arrived at our dealer 2 days later (Burlingame, just south of SF)... so you could be in for a pleasant surprise!! (Except, of course, for that apparent stop-sale currently going on.......)

41 - 60 of 112 Posts