SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an FYI...<p>I had the Volvo BT Hands Free kit installed today on my '04 S60 R to replace my defunct VOCP SOS system. I also had the Auto door locking feature software downloaded.<p>The auto door locking feature works well and appears to activate at around 5 mph. One can open the driver's door from the inside as usual with the handle and when re-entering the car and closing the door the driver's door lock will engage/lock again at around 5 mph.<p>The one downside of the auto door locking feature is that you have to remember to press the central door lock button on the driver's door once before opening it to unlock all of the remaining doors and trunk. Otherwise you will need to press it twice after driver's door opened or use the remote fob to do same.<br>

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (VOLVO S70)

I knew someone would ask this. The answer is yes they did and I expected them to. Not charging for optional software downloads is a Dealership option and my Dealership typically does not charge if this kind of request is made during first 12 months of ownership. I've owned my S60 R since May 31, 2003.<p>The cost was around $80 including taxes and VCOA discount. The part # was 8637412.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Re: (VOLVO S70)

If someone could only figure out how to get the doors to unlock when the ignition is turned off, I'd really like that.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (smolvar)

Hmmm - I would not like that to be automatic - seems this would defeat the security aspect of auto door locking. I want to be in control of doors unlocking and not the engine on/off state.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Re: (barrysharp)

Ok how about when the key is removed?<br>I just think pushing the button to unlock is a bit cumbersome. (ticky-tac, I know)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts