SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
I'm new here. Just bought a 2009 V50 2.4i Japan model (FWD, RHD) since I'm living in Japan. I've been studying quite a lot before getting accepted to this forum but theres a few things I would like to ask you.

Heres the rough overview I want to do with it:

• Lowering using Springs (30mm f/r)
  • PCD Adaptor to 114.3
  • Wheel Spacers (will be part of the PCD Adaptor)
  • 18 inch Wheels

Let's tackle it one by one:

Lowering Using Springs
I saw pictures of 30mm springs applied to the model. It looked pretty much like I wanted it (also on 18 inch wheels). Tho, it was an AWD model and looked lower in the front. I read some things about the AWD model rear springs being different and automatically a bit higher in the back.
Will the 30mm springs on a FWD model give an even look?

PCD Adaptor to 114.3
Since I'm living in Japan pretty much all wheels here are 114.3 and 5x108 are hard to come by (and much more expensive). My plan therefore was to simply get PCD adaptors (Japan made for roughly $90 per pair). The adaptors I found have width of 15mm (thus I don't need additional wheel spacers) and 66mm hub diameter.
Anything to say against it? I don't have a preference for the hub diameter since I need center rings anyways. Let me know if you have recommendations. Since they are custom made you can actually choose the hub diameter. The thing I noticed tho, is that the hub is basically just a hole. Have a look at them here: http://aristo-garage.com/ How does that work then with the center rings?

Wheel Spacer
Since the PCD adaptors are already 15mm wide I won't be needing these, tho i read the ideal combination for this model would be 12mm spacers in the front and 15mm rear. I'll be able to match the 15mm in the back, but 15 instead of 12 in the front. What do you think will that make a difference? Anyone has any pictures of 15mm spacers on the front?

18 Inch Wheels
I am currently looking at the Stich Legzas M110 wheel since I like the design (copy cat of the BBS LM). The wheel is available in 18inch with a 48 or 55 offset (http://www.hotstuff-cp.co.jp/PRODUCT/10124_M110.pdf) and a 42.5mm hub (48offset) or 35.4 hub (55offset). I have the 48mm offset in mind. Any ideas why I shouldn't and rather go with the 55 offset? How does the hub diameter affect the PCD adaptor hub diameter in this case?

That's all. I appreciate your advice and thanks for helping out a Volvo newbie here!

Cheers from Japan,
Daniel

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
the fwd lowering springs will get you low and pretty even-- dont worry about those.

i dont know how to figure out the wheel offset stuff... you've got spacers to consider as well. OEM offest i think is 52mm?

welcome to SS. Pics of your car in Japan or its a daihatsu

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the answer. Here's the one. it is currently equipped with some 17" from Volvo. Anyone knows the specs of those? I've tried some calculators but still need to confirm.

Anyone can tell how the center hub thing works with those pcd adaptors? Where do the center rings go?

UPDATE
I actually just did a bit of googling and it seems that you insert special center rings into the PCD adaptors. Anyone ever doen that before?
Here's a pic of inserted rings into an adaptor:

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Nice! yes those RINGs looks like the stuff that ive used when mounting large hubbore wheels onto our 63.4mm hub
wheel specs:

Wheel Name: Mestra
Dimensions: 17x7"
Finish: 936 Bright Silver
Offset: +52.5mm
Centerbore: 63.4mm
Weight: 21 pounds
Part Number: 30672924
Original Fitted On: 2004.5-2011 S40/V50, 2006-2011 C70, 2007-2011 C30

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for pointing out the wheel model.

A thing I still don't understand is how the center rings are applied with these spacers. What's the depth of the stock hub? If the spacer (thickness15mm) has a diameter of 66mm for the hub and the stock hub is 63.4 and the 18inch wheel is 73mm hub diameter. So I require a center hub ring, that fits into 73mm hub of the wheel, then narrows down to the 66mm of the spacer and needs to ensure the it won't collide with the stock 63.4mm hub, which means it can't be thicker than 2.6mm is this correct?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts