SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing some homework for my brother who has a 2004 S60 2.5T.

Quite possibly a stupid/ignorant question, but I need some help. My brother's cat is on its way out and he wants it replaced. My suggestion was to just swap out the OEM DP for an aftermarket one. Coming from the R world, a high flow DP was one of the first mods that I did when I had mine.

What are the options for a FWD S60 2.5t? Would the 3" CNT DP for the Rs fit? He cares nothing about performance. This would be a purely economical decision as I would ideally like to buy a new catted DP and install it for him myself.

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
684 Posts
Take it to a muffler shop, have them cut off the old car and put in a new one would be more economical. Unless either of you can weld.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have my stock 2006 S60R bumper with only 92k miles and working cat I would like to sell, if he's still looking.

I'd be willing to let it go for $150, if you can come to CT and pick it up.

·
Registered
350 Posts
You cheapest route would probably be to cut out the old cat and have a piece of pipe/cat welded in. If you were looking for a new DP I would recommend an OBX downpipe to a muffler you prefer. Good luck.

·
Registered
219 Posts
CNT is the cheapest cost wise that i have found with a cat. Honestly looks like an OBX downpipe that someone added a cat to.

Also if im correct the R downpipe would work on any P2 S60.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts