SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Old issue that I believe has never officially been answered. Has anyone confirmed fitment of FWD coilovers on an AWD?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, exactly. From what I remember, the FWD rear shocks are 2" longer. Just wondering if someone has ever successfully installed the FWD rear shocks in an AWD and if so, what were the results?

·
Registered
839 Posts
madden had a set of HR coils on his V50 and took them off...
and then went with KW's
... dont know if this helps any, hahaha

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
With how much interest there is for AWD coilovers and these cars becoming more affordable to the demographic that's into modifying cars I would think that pursuing a set through a suspension manufacturer would be worth investigating.

Maybe see if Eibach is interested in developing a kit. Even H&R could easily do this considering they just need to modify their rear shock design.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Yes, exactly. From what I remember, the FWD rear shocks are 2" longer. Just wondering if someone has ever successfully installed the FWD rear shocks in an AWD and if so, what were the results?
in another thread, victor confirmed he was running konis fwd all around his awd. at stock height it was doable. if you are lowered - forget it.
i would imagine in order to run the longer length rear coilovers you will have to have the settings raised up. and that kind of defeats the whole purpose of buying coilovers which is to go low.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts