SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to plan another trip to Sweden next Spring using the OSD program. We will probably replace my wife's 2016XC60. How far in advance can you place your OSD order?

Thanks Bill

·
Registered
671 Posts
We were informed our delivery date could not be more than six months from the date of the order. We delayed ordering to fit our vacation plans. Serendipity struck when there was a significant price reduction just before we placed the order for our V90.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Unless something changed for 2020, it was 6 months max for 2019.

Ordered placed 12/24 and we got our preferred delivery date of 6/24 exactly 6 months later.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
We were informed our delivery date could not be more than six months from the date of the order. We delayed ordering to fit our vacation plans. Serendipity struck when there was a significant price reduction just before we placed the order for our V90.
Nice!!! :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
Are saying you got the car with 12k discount over sticker? And a free vacation. That is sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Price with options on our V90 T6 Inscription prior to the price drop was a few hundred over $59k on the OSD price list. I don’t recall what the US MSRP was at the time, but something like 3% or so higher than OSD.

The discount pretty much paid for our 8 day cruise down the Rhine. :D

Sometimes ya do get lucky, punk. LOL

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
6 months in advanced is answer. Thanks to all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Long delay, OSD program unreliability

Starting to plan another trip to Sweden next Spring using the OSD program. We will probably replace my wife's 2016XC60. How far in advance can you place your OSD order?

Thanks Bill
We began this debacle in February 2019 with an order through a Portland Oregon dealer. Since then, here we are 9/4/19, nothing but mis-information, no information, contradictory information has happened. Volvo gladly took our $3K deposit then demanded monthly payments begin BEFORE we even knew IF the car has been manufactured. Buying this thing was my wife's idea that I went along with. We continue to get strung along principally by BARBARA a US based OSD "supervisor" of sorts.

When this singularly ridiculous experience is over we will write about all in a letter to Volvo CEO. We know any action on our complaint is sheer fantasy of course. However, we will vent.

But for saving $$ on the price and Volvo paying part of her airfare to Scando we have no upside. My son, a true world traveler, took her on a guided her trip making it marvelous. Had she had a Volvo guide she might have ended up in Russia. I get to maintain this beast after arrival.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
We began this debacle in February 2019 with an order through a Portland Oregon dealer. Since then, here we are 9/4/19, nothing but mis-information, no information, contradictory information has happened. Volvo gladly took our $3K deposit then demanded monthly payments begin BEFORE we even knew IF the car has been manufactured. Buying this thing was my wife's idea that I went along with. We continue to get strung along principally by BARBARA a US based OSD "supervisor" of sorts.

When this singularly ridiculous experience is over we will write about all in a letter to Volvo CEO. We know any action on our complaint is sheer fantasy of course. However, we will vent.

But for saving $$ on the price and Volvo paying part of her airfare to Scando we have no upside. My son, a true world traveler, took her on a guided her trip making it marvelous. Had she had a Volvo guide she might have ended up in Russia. I get to maintain this beast after arrival.

Wow.......sounds crazy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts