SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all:<p>Trying to hardwire my V1 into my '04 V70R. <p>Others have suggested using a fusetap to provide power. However, I purchased a bunch of fusetaps from Radio Shack, and I can't get it to fit. It is for a newer style blade fuse, but it appears to be too thick once fit over the blade to fit back into the lock. Is there another brand that you have used that will work? Are they all that tight? This is the first time I have used a fuse tap and I don't want to break the fuse block.<p>Also, which screws would you suggest for grounding in that area? Or is there another point? The only metal-metal screws I see are the door hinge screws. <p>Help!

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Re: Fuse tap problems?!?! (needsdecaf)

I've had the same problems with "fuse taps". I just used a crimp on connector to the power wire I want to tap into. <br>As for the ground, there is a screw behind the fuse door that goes into metal. Works fine for me.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Fuse tap problems?!?! (Our R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Our R</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've had the same problems with "fuse taps". I just used a crimp on connector to the power wire I want to tap into. <br>As for the ground, there is a screw behind the fuse door that goes into metal. Works fine for me.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Well, I got the problem worked out. With the assurance from a member who had used fuse taps before and the advice to be firm but don't break anything, I got it in. <p>Also, I used one of the two smaller of the 4 screws inside of the fuse panel (the one with green paint on it and a washer) as it fit one of my connectors really well. Crimped it onto the ground wire and voila! Instant power to the V1.<p>Awesome install, very happy. <BR><BR>
<i>Modified by needsdecaf at 2:05 PM 4-9-2006</i>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts