SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the top to the main fuse holder in the engine compartment {not the one on the cowl} and found that the paper diagram on the inside of the lid was burned. The plastics wasn't melted but the diagram had a big burn spot. Anybody have this happen?
Thanks

·
Registered
808 Posts
Have you looked where the burn spot is and what is directly below it? Is the burn in the area above the B positive cable that comes from the battery?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I remembered to check the plastic fuse holder top today and the burn spot is above were the power cable attaches to a stud. It makes me wonder if the car was jumped or charged with a high power battery charger and the connection got so hot that it burned the paper diagram on the inside of the fuse top?

·
Registered
605 Posts
These B cables fail. If yours is still OE I'd replace it

·
Registered
808 Posts
I remembered to check the plastic fuse holder top today and the burn spot is above were the power cable attaches to a stud. It makes me wonder if the car was jumped or charged with a high power battery charger and the connection got so hot that it burned the paper diagram on the inside of the fuse top?
There you go. You should change the B+ cable like mune327 said. These tend to corrode at the fuse/relay box and is the most likely cause of the burn spot.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Look at the cable where it is bolted, is it burned or corroded? If not, it may have been replaced already and the burn was from a previous cable. If it's original, then replace it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I looked at the cable and it looked good and their was no corrosion. I am going to disconnect the cable tomorrow and check it better and put some dielectric grease on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts