SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am Canadian and I recently drove my US 2018 XC60 from my US home back to Ontario Canada. Ontario law requires me to plate it in Ontario and that requires full-time DRL (DRL on even when the selector is in the off position). Before Volvo will turn on full-time DRLs, they need me to buy a compliance letter from Volvo at a cost of US$1,000. Does anyone know if there is a way to turn on full-time DRL, without getting the compliance letter? For example, can the off position on the selector be hard-wired to the auto position? Or can a third-party mechanic program it? Thank you to anyone who can help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey I'm in the same boat and will be importing my Volvo XC90 next month.
Any luck in working with the dealer to get around paying the hefty fee?
Did you run into any issues at the boarder about the recall certificate?
Appreciate the insights

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey I'm in the same boat and will be importing my Volvo XC90 next month.
Any luck in working with the dealer to get around paying the hefty fee?
Did you run into any issues at the boarder about the recall certificate?
Appreciate the insights
I created another tread on this in a different area that you might find helpful Daytime Running Lights DRL

Volvo's compliance letter is only required to turn on your DRLs. It is not needed for any other requirement of exporting or importing your vehicle. You can check your vehicle recall notices on Volvo's website. I simply sent a link and screen capture to RIV showing my vehicle was recall-free and it was accepted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts