SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I had my second nail in my tire incident on my 40. I was out of town and faced a potential Commute home on the temp spare.

Can we switch out our temp spare for a full size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm sure you could... but it won't fit in the temp spare well.
with a real sore wheel. If traveling alone I fold down the seats and carry it behind me, on top of the full cover Volvo rubber mat. By the way the roof rack and basket looks good on the car, gives it a more aggressive off road look

Same happened to me but I also destroyed the rim beyond repair $900.00 and 2 days waiting for the replacement rim and tire. Remedy, bought a new extra set of factory rims and tires that match my wheels on eBay, dealer take offs 0 miles and arrived perfectly for a fraction of the cost and now I have a roof mounted Thule roof rack and expandable basket.Now while traveling if the car is full I use the roof basket , if not fullI I fold the seats down install the full length Volvo rubber mat and carry it there. I also removed the spare for extra storage. By the way the roof rack and basket looks good on the car, gives it a more aggressive off road look.

·
Registered
303 Posts
with a real sore wheel. If traveling alone I fold down the seats and carry it behind me, on top of the full cover Volvo rubber mat. By the way the roof rack and basket looks good on the car, gives it a more aggressive off road look

Same happened to me but I also destroyed the rim beyond repair $900.00 and 2 days waiting for the replacement rim and tire. Remedy, bought a new extra set of factory rims and tires that match my wheels on eBay, dealer take offs 0 miles and arrived perfectly for a fraction of the cost and now I have a roof mounted Thule roof rack and expandable basket.Now while traveling if the car is full I use the roof basket , if not fullI I fold the seats down install the full length Volvo rubber mat and carry it there. I also removed the spare for extra storage. By the way the roof rack and basket looks good on the car, gives it a more aggressive off road look.
Pictures with tire in the roof rack? Takk

·
Registered
2020 XC-40 Inscription Thunder Gray
13 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with the Tire Sealing System? It looks like there is that option, or a temp spare option in the US. I like the idea of the Tire Sealing system because it offers more storage space, and a compressor. Has anyone used the compressor? Approximately how long does it take to fill a tire? 10 minutes? This would be my around the town option, with a full size spare for off-road trips. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
145 Posts
A rock destroyed a front tire while driving in Norway. It was sure nice not losing any vacation time since a compact size spare was standard. There was not an exact replacement tire to be found in Norway, so a similar size was used and I had to wait until back in the USA to get the exact replacement. If sealant doesn't work, or if you have to drive far on the compact spare, then good luck getting a quick replacement tire depending on where you are.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts