SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
???

You need to provide mileage and what you mean by "full service".

Some of those services are probably best done at the dealership and are part of the keeping the warranty. I'm not an expert in this area, and I'm sure others will point out my ignorance/deficiencies.

·
Registered
14,426 Posts
If your car is still under the first three 10,000 mile services it doesn't cost anything, at least in US market cars. Once my car is outside of that then I will be doing all of the services myself. I would imagine there are quite a few "inspect this, check that" items that I can handle.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yep if you have a warranty everything up until 20k (possibly 30k?) is covered by that. Just don't end up like me and fall for them selling you services you don't need. Just get the service covered under warranty and that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
I just do the services at the intervals suggested by the service booklet. Continued to do so even after warranty expired. An indy shop now does the work, as directed by the booklet, now that I am beyond the S&S warranty. Only changes I have stipulated is for use of full synthetic motor oil, and tire rotations. Yes it is more expensive than a simple oil change ala Jiffy Lube, but the car has remained trouble free so I am happy. 2012 S60 T5 FWD 139,500 miles.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Out of warranty, would do the dealer's special winter or summer service and inspection at least once/year. Any good one will give you a full list of what needs attention and why, together with estimates that you can compare to your own indy or DIY options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
372 Posts
I just do the services at the intervals suggested by the service booklet. Continued to do so even after warranty expired. An indy shop now does the work, as directed by the booklet, now that I am beyond the S&S warranty. Only changes I have stipulated is for use of full synthetic motor oil, and tire rotations. Yes it is more expensive than a simple oil change ala Jiffy Lube, but the car has remained trouble free so I am happy. 2012 S60 T5 FWD 139,500 miles.
The full synthetic is a must...good job!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts