SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
XC90 T6 Inscription MY17
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I was wondering what makes a Polestar XC60 in comparision to a regular XC60 and if it is possible to implement the equivalent "upgrades" on an XC90 so it is as close as possible to what would be a Polestar XC90.

I thought of:
1. The Polestar software upgrade; (easy)
2. The front suspension strut tower brace; (easy)
3. Front and rear polestar brake system (calipers, rotors and pads); (is it possible to use the XC60 ones on the XC90? (If they fit, its is probably quite easy, albeit probably somewhat expensive)
4. Other suspension parts (shock? other? what would they be? what is different on the XC60 Polestar that the regular one) Does anyone has a good understanding of this?
5. Other internal trimming (seat belt an other)
6. What if the XC90 has 4-C and Air Suspension? (does the XC60 has that originally or as an option?)
Anyone tried?

Is is possible?

What would be the list of upgrades?

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Yes, it’s almost all possible. We have retrofitted all the brake and suspension hardware Polestar Engineered parts that we sell to a non-4C equipped XC90.

We found it easier to upgrade the XC90 seat belt webbing to gold rather than using XC60 seat belts.

Feel free to email me for more info at [email protected].

Here are some pics of the Polestar parts on XC90’s:

On staggered Polestar 1 21” wheel no less ;)

22” PE wheels with gold valve caps and front Polestar Emblem on a Momentum:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Could you ballpark the 1)cost of the brakes and 2)the cost of the suspension upgrades? Also, any reason why they wouldn't work with Volvo's 22" wheels?

Yes, it’s almost all possible. We have retrofitted all the brake and suspension hardware Polestar Engineered parts that we sell to a non-4C equipped XC90.

We found it easier to upgrade the XC90 seat belt webbing to gold rather than using XC60 seat belts.

Feel free to email me for more info at [email protected].

Here are some pics of the Polestar parts on XC90’s:

On staggered Polestar 1 21” wheel no less ;)

·
Registered
291 Posts
That seems like a waste as the T8 barely uses the brakes at all. Mostly regen. I'm just under 20k miles and brakes are measuring brand spanking new according to the tech.

Reactions: VolvoUhu

·
Registered
XC90 T6 Inscription MY17
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

That is quite awesome!

You mention the Polestar supension hardware for a non 4 c equiped XC90.

What would those be?

What happens if it is a 4 C equipped XC90? (my case...)

·
Registered
‘19 t6 inscription silver/brown w/air, b&w, lux, polestar, 21’s, etc
345 Posts
Any more pics of the blue xc90 w/polestar 1 wheels? I have yet to see a better looking wheel on the xc90 and have been wanting to get a set in 21x10 all around eventually.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
That is quite awesome!

You mention the Polestar supension hardware for a non 4 c equiped XC90.

What would those be?

What happens if it is a 4 C equipped XC90? (my case...)
Sorry, I meant to say "Air Suspension" instead of 4C. It's not easily possible to do an air suspension 'delete' from the XC90

Any more pics of the blue xc90 w/polestar 1 wheels? I have yet to see a better looking wheel on the xc90 and have been wanting to get a set in 21x10 all around eventually.
I'll see if I can ask our customer for some new photos. The Polestar 1 wheel in 21" looks really good on the XC90 in my opinion. 21x10 in the front is an aggressive setup, though.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Could you ballpark the 1)cost of the brakes and 2)the cost of the suspension upgrades? Also, any reason why they wouldn't work with Volvo's 22" wheels?
Front and rear brake kits are here:

Suspension kit:

·
Registered
‘19 t6 inscription silver/brown w/air, b&w, lux, polestar, 21’s, etc
345 Posts
I'll see if I can ask our customer for some new photos. The Polestar 1 wheel in 21" looks really good on the XC90 in my opinion. 21x10 in the front is an aggressive setup, though.
That would be great, thank you. I like the dish of the 10” wide wheels all around, but if too aggressive will go with square 9’s. Any idea what tire sizes were being run on that staggered setup?

·
Registered
XC90 T6 Inscription MY17
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Front and rear brake kits are here:

Suspension kit:
I’m my case, I do have the 4-C Air Suspension.

In this case, what would be the possible suspension upgrades towards a “Polestar”configuration?

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I’m my case, I do have the 4-C Air Suspension.

In this case, what would be the possible suspension upgrades towards a “Polestar”configuration?
I would leave the air suspension, and install the Heico Sportiv selected air so you can further lower the vehicle than the stock “low” setting. I’d also upgrade the sway bars, end links, add the strut tower brace and a few lower chassis braces to further improve the vehicle rigidity and handling.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Here ya go!

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
...unless there will be a big black Friday sale?
Make sure you are signed up to receive our email newsletter ;)

One other thing - with supply chains the way they are right now, we are seeing an ever increasing frequency of price updates/increases from Volvo, so who knows what these wheels will be priced at next year.

·
Registered
178 Posts
@George @ ViVA - was there a stock way to mount the front Polestar emblem or did you fab something in-house? I tracked down an oldschool V60 blue Polestar emblem to mount on the front grill but never found an OEM part to do it and haven't yet been able to concoct a mount that I felt good about.

Those wheels look great. I didn't know there were 22" versions of those!

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
@George @ ViVA - was there a stock way to mount the front Polestar emblem or did you fab something in-house? I tracked down an oldschool V60 blue Polestar emblem to mount on the front grill but never found an OEM part to do it and haven't yet been able to concoct a mount that I felt good about.

Those wheels look great. I didn't know there were 22" versions of those!
Not sure how our customer mounted the front grille emblem to his Momentum grille, but the factory emblem mounting hardware is not compatible with the R-Design front grille.
FYI, I've seen some "L" shaped custom mounts with double-sided tape used to mount similar emblems to some grilles.

Regarding the wheels, believe it or not but we offer the multi-spoke style in 4 sizes! There are the 19x8 and 20x8" versions from the Polestar Engineered S60/V60 models, and the 21x8.5" and 22x9" versions from the Polestar Engineered XC60 model.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a similar plan for my 2019 t8. Making it a "polestar" inspired version.
Its a project over a long period and I am making the changes along the way. (I am getting it polestar tuned tomorrow together with yearly service :) ).

I am a little unsure about the wheels though. My original thought was the 22" wheels from xc60 pe. But they doesnt fit the design of the xc90 imo.
So I am looking at downgrading to 20" wheels (10-spoke black d/c), with pilot sports. To gain both better performance, comfort and noiselevel (correct me if I am wrong).

My question is. If i go for 20". Would the brembo (v60 pe brakes) or the larger akebono still fit?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts