SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
41 - 60 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
The 37mm bulbs fit my trunk fine, but I have another question now. When I put the new LED lights(4210) on the rear lights and the front reading lights, they stay on dimly, is that normal? and will it drain my battery to death? happens even if I turn off the car.

All of the other bulbs fit perfectly.
Yes, it is normal, and no it won't drain the battery. They'll eventually go off after the car is off but it may take a while. You can put some resistors on them if the glow bugs you, that's what I did - info here: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?151755-LED-Interior-Lights-Install-and-Photos

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
if anyone is still interested theres a coupon code for 5% off. with the code re561
Thanks..

I don't understand the EST 12-light package. I counted the interior lights and I came up with 13.

-1 trunk light
-4 reading/map lights
-2 dome lamps
-2 foot-well lights
-4 vanity lights

Also, has anyone purchased and used the EST package? The image seems to indicate that they're all the same bulb?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I can't seem to get pop the light out located in the side mirrors. I turned the mirror up and used a screw driver to try prying the plastic clip in but no luck. Can the glass be removed on the mirror? Anyone know how to do that? It just seems like the clip will break if I push it too hard.

·
Registered
175 Posts
for me, I just used a flathead screwdriver and yeah, I though the same thing, you just have to force it and hope you don't break it? :\
I ended up breaking the clips to the 2nd row seating of mine, Now it is just being held on by tape.

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
I can't seem to get pop the light out located in the side mirrors. I turned the mirror up and used a screw driver to try prying the plastic clip in but no luck. Can the glass be removed on the mirror? Anyone know how to do that? It just seems like the clip will break if I push it too hard.
The mirror is very simple to remove on our cars, just pull it outward (outwards away from the car) first, and then pull off.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Damn, wish there was a way to put in puddle lights if you don't have them.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Just so I'm getting this straight, if I want to go LED on my R and use the superbrightleds.com site, I should NOT follow their bulb size recommendations for my car?? A lot of their sizes listed were larger than the ones listed in the first post. Sorry for being a doubter, just wanting to be double sure. Here's their list of recommendations...

http://www.superbrightleds.com/vehicle/2004/volvo/s60/with-hid-headlamps/65/908/52

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Thanks..

I don't understand the EST 12-light package. I counted the interior lights and I came up with 13.

-1 trunk light
-4 reading/map lights
-2 dome lamps
-2 foot-well lights
-4 vanity lights

Also, has anyone purchased and used the EST package? The image seems to indicate that they're all the same bulb?
I just got my car back from Morgan Volvo who installed the EST set in my 2006 V70R we had some left over.

I have to say WHAT a difference they make in the car , no more pale yellow , and the dash looks almost like a LCD Monitor , very crisp, the white on silver is very nice

Thanks for this heads up

Chef Ron

·
Registered
187 Posts
Good info !

·
Registered
998 Posts
Hey folks! Update: Been running LEDs from superbrightleds.com and I've yet to experience any problems! One thing I notice about the trunk and footwell lighting: they vary in sizing for different years for our R...

But here's what I used on mine (codes based on superbrightleds.com)

Exterior

License Plate | 2 x WLED-xHP9-T

Puddle Lights | 2 x WLED-xHP9-T

NOTE: I did not bother with side marker bulbs, as I'm happy with stock looks.

Interior

Front Overhead Lights | 2 x 4210-xHP6

Front Map Lights | 2 x 4210-xHP6

Rear Overhead Lights | 2 x 4210-xHP6

Footwell Lights* | 2 x 3710-xHP3

Trunk Lights* | 2 x 3710-xHP3

Vanity Mirror Lights | 4 x F30-WHP-xV

Glove Box | 1 x BA9s-xHP9

*SLIGHT modification required to bulb holder (actual bulb length used in my R was ~35mm, but 37mm worked fine)

NOTE: I DID NOT experience that "dim glow" with the xHP6 (6 LED) bulbs for overhead lights. My initial experiment with xHP3 (3 LED) bulbs however, produced that "dim glow".

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Hey folks! Update: Been running LEDs from superbrightleds.com and I've yet to experience any problems! One thing I notice about the trunk and footwell lighting: they vary in sizing for different years for our R...

But here's what I used on mine (codes based on superbrightleds.com)

Exterior

License Plate | 2 x WLED-xHP9-T

Puddle Lights | 2 x WLED-xHP9-T

NOTE: I did not bother with side marker bulbs, as I'm happy with stock looks.

Interior

Front Overhead Lights | 2 x 4210-xHP6

Front Map Lights | 2 x 4210-xHP6

Rear Overhead Lights | 2 x 4210-xHP6

Footwell Lights* | 2 x 3710-xHP3

Trunk Lights* | 2 x 3710-xHP3

Vanity Mirror Lights | 4 x F30-WHP-xV

Glove Box | BA9s-xHP9

*SLIGHT modification required to bulb holder (actual bulb length used in my R was ~35mm, but 37mm worked fine)

NOTE: I DID NOT experience that "dim glow" with the xHP6 (6 LED) bulbs for overhead lights. My initial experiment with xHP3 (3 LED) bulbs however, produced that "dim glow".
Got some photos of after shots?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Got some photos of after shots?
Yessir!

^Rear license plate. LED makes it look classy.

^Interior with map lights all on.

^Interior with only footwell lights on.

NOTE: These photos are taken with no special effects or 'shopping whatsoever.

41 - 60 of 153 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.