Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Premium Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors F/R - $320
(Compliments of DRT-Sport)

Hawk HPS F/R - $271
(Compliments of Viva Performance)

E-brake Shoes/ Hardware Kit - $64
(Compliments of FCP Groton)

Full Job = $655 :) The R is smiling.

I may find some extra funds and pick up some SS Lines but I have a feeling that with inspection and registration this month it will now be happening till this spring :)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Tell me how the setup works, I am going for the same things including the SS lines in the spring when i bring my car out of storage!

·
Premium Member
8,709 Posts
Works great. My current setup:

Front Slotted Drilled Centric Rotors
HAWK HPS Pads
TakSpeed SS lines
Pentosin Super Dot 4 Brake Fluid

·
Registered
5,848 Posts

Them's purrdy.

When you do your brake lines, it's a good time to get some DOT 4 Super Blue fluid and bleed the system. With the blue, it makes it easy to see when it's complete.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Them's purrdy.

When you do your brake lines, it's a good time to get some DOT 4 Super Blue fluid and bleed the system. With the blue, it makes it easy to see when it's complete.
I know right...The price per axel is relatively bulletproof as well thanks to DRT

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Vio, I've come to overlook your hooliganism (heretofore known as the "field donuts incident," or "FDI"), but this leaves me GREATLY concerned.

Cross-drilling rotors looks cool. I think we can all agree on that. Did you know, however, that drilling a rotor after the casting process causes a significant weakening of the material? Now, if you never race your car (track, autocross, etc), then no biggie. But, BUT, if you do, pray for your safety, because it is possible, nay likely that those rotors will crack or shatter under a constant heat load.

Brembo are the only safe cross-drilled discs to buy, because they don't cross-drill; they cast the holes into the discs.

·
Premium Member
8,709 Posts
Vio, I've come to overlook your hooliganism (heretofore known as the "field donuts incident," or "FDI"), but this leaves me GREATLY concerned.

Cross-drilling rotors looks cool. I think we can all agree on that. Did you know, however, that drilling a rotor after the casting process causes a significant weakening of the material? Now, if you never race your car (track, autocross, etc), then no biggie. But, BUT, if you do, pray for your safety, because it is possible, nay likely that those rotors will crack or shatter under a constant heat load.

Brembo are the only safe cross-drilled discs to buy, because they don't cross-drill; they cast the holes into the discs.
Ok Silverbullitt..

Stop Tech is a well known company that manufactures very good braking systems, DRT supplies and sells Centric Rotors / Power Slot rotors, the same that VIVA , IPD and a lot of other companies sell.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have chosen to go with the D/S Rotor combination strictly due to the highway driving that I currently deal with and my current setup has caused a few close calls with the crowd that I drive with on 495 and 93 where around lunch time the conditions are packed while maintaining a constant 80 or so.......

Therefore I see this setup as relevant as well as a good looking higher performance alternative.

I'm not all jokes silver. My hooligans sure do overtake my serious side for the most part however when it comes to safety, no one should take it as hooliganism.

By assuming that I am being ridiculous you are now targeting the thousands of others who use D/S Rotor and High Perf. Pads on a day to day basis.

·
6,436 Posts
Congrats. I also have a full set of OEM rotors and pads, and SS brake lines waiting for me to get installed. I went with OEM for a trouble-free lifecycle. My current OEM pads and rotors lasted close to 50K

Be careful with non-oem rear brake shoes. A friend of mine installed them and no matter how high you adjusted the brake line, they would never bite. He ended up switching back to OEM rear brake Shoes. DarekPL - ain't that right?

·
6,436 Posts

There's actually some truth to that. I once had cross-drilled non-brembo rotors on my other car and each rotor developed tiny cracks along the drilled areas. I'm sure that had i tracked the car, they might have disintegrated under heavy load. But we each buy what we think is rigth so kudos to everyone

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There's actually some truth to that. I once had cross-drilled non-brembo rotors on my other car and each rotor developed tiny cracks along the drilled areas. I'm sure that had i tracked the car, they might have disintegrated under heavy load. But we each buy what we think is rigth so kudos to everyone
You're like a modern day Buddha!

cheers!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Ugh, I'm so jealous of all these brake jobs getting done! Hell even one done by myself (Isoloment)... I just have to keep saving my pennies, and soon enough it will be my turn... Nice parts by the way, mine will be slotted and drilled as well.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Be careful with non-oem rear brake shoes. A friend of mine installed them and no matter how high you adjusted the brake line, they would never bite. He ended up switching back to OEM rear brake Shoes. DarekPL - ain't that right?
Yes sir, OEM parking brake shoes is the way to go.

·
Registered
876 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,709 Posts

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
anyone have a P/N for the shoes and kit from tasca their new site doesn't search well and it's not in the right area.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts