1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
502 Posts
You just need to peak under there. No need to lift the car. I know on my 02, there were two different sizes based on car production number. The only definitive way to distinguish them was also the easiest way; just go out and look at it :)

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
502 Posts
I didn't need to lift the car to change mine although it would have been easier. This was also before I lowered it haha. On mine, just one 10mm(?) And the two lines and she popped right out. Be ready to either have a rag nearby or a pan to catch any of the fuel that squirts out. Disabling the pump and running it will help relieve any excess pressure. Not sure if your 06 has a schrader valve on the rail but relieving pressure using that would also help to avoid getting a gas bath.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would getting the 8" one cause any issues? Just thinking that the 8" one would have more surface and possibly filter better?

Thanks! You might have saved me $50.

·
Registered
502 Posts
The issue with that would be if it will fit or not. Getting the longer one if your ride is really supposed to have the shorter one could put too much stress on the fuel lines causing an issue down the road.

You could probably just reach under there and be able to tell if its 6 or 8 inches. (Insert joke here ). My advice would be to get the same one you take off.

·
Registered
505 Posts
you can use either filter they both fit. The lines aren't so tight that they don't have room to accommodate the larger filter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts