SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All<p>Just need some advice and help:<br>I drive a 2006 S60 T5 GT<p>Issue:<br>Since December I have been experiencing this problem with the car sitting at the dealer trying to diagnose for almost 2 months intermittently.<br>It starts with the chech engine light. Volvo checks and following protocol go through logical steps based on the error codes. Fuel tank flushed, fuel pump replaced and fuel control module also replaced. Car runs fine for a month and then I get a check engine light again (but car is still driving normally). <br>Take it back to my dealer, and they check the engine codes: fuel pressure. The monitor the pressure and see slight fluctuations which they say is not normal, so I book the car in for fixing. They pretty much go through the same process again, but after taking a fuel sample, the fuel is almost murky black with sediment. Volvo claims it prolly the fuel then, and after doing the necessary pump replacement and tank flushing, release the car to me as sorted. Day one they car goes like a bomb. Day 2 I start experiencing slight hesitations on acceleration and eventually the car dies altogether while driving. If the car is left for a few seconds, its starts fine but dies again after a few kilometers. Happened 4 time in a day and I subsequently send it back to the dealer. Check engine light also on again.<p>THe car is now back with Volvo doeing the entire process again, tank cleanup etc. The new fuel sample even after flushing and using fuel from their own filling station (can't blame my filling station on fuel quality) is black agaion. They are still awaiting the tank to return before putting it all together and testing.<p><br>Anyone else experience anything similar? I dont believe that the actual fuel is causing the problem but rather a faulty fuel pump or the electronics.<p>Advise appreciated..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Re: Fueling/Fuel pump issue (T5on19's)

You didn't mention fuel filter was changed? The gas tank is a saddle design where there are two fuel pumps. One to pump from one side of the tank to the other to balance and the other pump actually pumps it to the engine. Could the other pump be the source of your issue or that side of the tank? I know they flushed it but the other side of the tank is hard to get to. I would put my money there. The lines are being flushed and something is in the tak that takes a day to get sucked up and clog the suction pump that distributes the fuel to the other side of the tank to the actual fuel pump. i would put my money on that. One time or another something got in the tank that shouldn't be.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Re: Fueling/Fuel pump issue (T5on19's)

You didn't mention fuel filter was changed? The gas tank is a saddle design where there are two fuel pumps. One to pump from one side of the tank to the other to balance and the other pump actually pumps it to the engine. Could the other pump be the source of your issue or that side of the tank? I know they flushed it but the other side of the tank is hard to get to. I would put my money there. The lines are being flushed and something is in the tank that takes a day to get sucked up and clog the suction pump that distributes the fuel to the other side of the tank to the actual fuel pump. i would put my money on that. One time or another something got in the tank that shouldn't be.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Fueling/Fuel pump issue (slick50)

Fuel filter was also changed. Tank is back from cleaning, acid washed and pressure tested. All assembled but will only be tested on Tuesday...lets see!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts