SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone found a proper tool for this job? I've been looking around and have not come up with anything aftermarket (Volvo tool 999-7111, according to Baum Tools). Not interested in those junky adjustable crappy jobs. I can just as easily use a pry bar & hammer instead of wasting $20 range on one of those.

Baum, CTA, Shem amongst others make tools for other Volvos, but nothing that is a direct fit for P1. Not sure if that is due to Ford influence, but one would think that would actually make it more accessible, not less so :(

Bought the Baum tool (V7093) off FCP that they had listed for P1, however it doesn't fit. Not sure if they have amended the description yet, I just sent it back today.

Anyway, anyone find a viable option?

The P1 cap nut is 120mm ID, 160mm OD, with 24 webs at 15º intervals.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Working on the fuel sender tool. I found a couple listed as applicable, but they didn't fit. Not spending another $60-80 looking for others, so I started making my own.

Took a bunch of measurements, as part of determining whether a Mercedes tool would work.

Cut up some aluminum square tube, and a section of 6" tubing.

Tack welded the tabs. Have to add two more. It's around 25º in the garage, so a PITA to weld aluminum.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turns out the two senders are different sizes - the one I measured above is the level sender. This is the tank pump unit:

As luck would have it, the square stock I used for the lock tabs, is the exact depth to allow the tool to fit both size cap nuts

inside on the smaller cap

outside on the larger main cap

Notched the cap ring & use a old T square handle as the lever

1 - 6 of 6 Posts