SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know if the plastic quick-connect port which feeds from the fuel line into the fuel rail can be replaced by itself, or will I need to order a whole fuel rail? I am talking about the plastic piece between #1 and #2 injectors here:
If I go by this picture: http://www.volvopartswebstore.com/s...=7862&ukey_driveLine=483&ukey_trimLevel=11150
It would seem that port is a snap-in replacement with #3 (Absorber) from that parts list.

Secondly, if I have to replace the entire fuel rail, should I just stay OEM or are there other considerations where an aftermarket might be better?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I don't see the connector serviced separately but it can be changed by removing the retainer strip that secures the injectors.
Used parts could fix yours.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that you mention retaining strip I remember it. There are 3 screws on opposite side holding the strip, which slides like clips onto all the injectors and that port. Remove the strip, pop out the parts. I remembered the injectors being easily removable, didn't quite remember about the fuel port.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cannot find the part number for the connector where the fuel line connects (between injectors 1-2) ... arggh.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow. i'm only asking $300.00 for my post. pm me for my address or i'll even drive up to jax to save on the postage.
Hah, I will buy you a couple drinks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts