SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I can't get the black ring with the fins to friggin' spin and come out. I've got the rear seat out, the metal cover off, and I fashioned a tool out of a piece of PVC toilet pipe with a screwdriver through the middle of it for leverage. Can't get that damned ring to turn at ALL. Anyone know of a tool to get this thing to come off?? TIA.

-Steve

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
It's a "bung nut" and your local Autozone etc. should have a generic one or set to loan.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
a screwdriver on one of the fins then bang it with a hammer :)

·
Registered
876 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Is there Autozone in Germany? ;)
Hence the "etc" lol... but yeah I've used a large blade flat screw driver and a hammer or use the edge of the access hole as a fulcrum(only done that on the 850s). Careful though cause this method can shear off the teeth and make it harder to use the correct tool or re-tighten the bung.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Lol, yes I will admit my way isn't the best way, but if you are careful it is extremely quick and easy!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Use a brass punch... don't want any sparks near the fuel.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Hey stupid, why didn't you ask me this yesterday when I was on the phone with you?

Easiest thing to use is oil filter pliers. Ones that look like this:

http://www.amazon.com/TEKTON-5867-1...B000NPUKG6/ref=pd_cp_hi_2/182-8054154-8720835

You can get ones that are angled a little bit too. The problem with using a punch and hammer like the other peeps are suggesting is you CAN and probably will blow out those blast fins you're hitting against, even if you use a piece of wood as a drift. Some of them pop off easy, but others take a real pounding (giggity).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts