SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Holy hell clearly I didn’t know what I was getting into when I was doing this. I replaced the lines and it ran but I think that was because I filled the tank up through the gas cap and I bet that filled the basket instead of the sender unit. Anyways the gas gauge now doesn’t work and I swear I wired it right. I’m fixin to replace every dang thing to fix it I’m goin crazy.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It makes sense imo to replace it all since there are so many miles on it already. Got a new level sensor and basket/pump assembly posted earlier. For $200, I think it’s (relatively) cheap insurance. This should do the trick.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Is there a calibration for the sender unit? Today stalled again after getting below the white line to the red zone. Has about 3 gallons left in the tank so there’s a bit of gas but I’m still puzzled.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Helmet Sports gear Door Headgear Personal protective equipment

got the actual new assembly today. I reused the corrugated tube that was on it originally. Took the time to do it right. It’s much easier when it’s out of the tank and dry. This is really what I should have done in the first place.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Read through your thread a little bit and I don’t see if you dropped your tank or not? I just went through this whole debacle with replacing my pump with a dw300c. So to make a long story short, when I was working for a Volvo dealership we would regularly drop the tank on p2 cars when replacing fuel pumps. Reason being is brush material or some sort of material from the worn out pumps as well as dirt from entering into the tank will clog the newly installed pumps. Shortly after replacing a fuel pump without dropping and cleaning the tank you will start getting symptoms like you are describing and that’s your pumps getting clogged from the old pump material/dirt from going in the tank. My advice, save yourself a lot of time and headache. Drop your tank, clean it really good. Take apart your pump assembly and inspect the pick up filter screen, you’ll probably have a bunch of crap on it. At this point I would buy an entire new basket assembly (Bosch), and pop the upgraded fuel pump in there. Might need to buy a new pump if it’s really clogged. Put it all back in the tank with it empty and make sure you don’t kink your line like you did before. I went through everything you went through and I work on cars for a living. Hope this helps.
Yo e30bum droppin some knowledge all up in this piece

21 - 30 of 30 Posts