SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've determined the fuel pump in my 04 R is on it's way out. I've heard a lot of horror stories of aftermarket fuel pumps, I was pretty sure it was the pro parts Sweden pumps, but I can't remember. Has anyone used the Bosch pump? It's a good $100 cheaper. But also, I'm seeing a few different part numbers (30761744 from fcp euro and 30794758 from
Tasca). Which one is the right one?

I also see the aero motive pump from viva which is a good bit cheaper. Besides having to open up the plastic a few mm's. Are there any drawbacks to this pump besides the added labor or has anyone had any problems with these?

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
04 is apparently a one off pump according to VIDA and from what I can tell you can only buy the Volvo one (unless you wanna swap just the pump)... Someone with actual experience should chime in...

Pump unit 1.00 30761744

Pump unit 1.00 30761745
CH 425000-

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What version of VIDA do you have? I have a feeling the newer number supersedes the old part number.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
2014A

It has a chassis break so that's probably where it is. I mean it should be identical unless the 04 PEM is different because of the CAN differences 04 has compared to 05+

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I can tell the PEM's are the same until the metal fuel tanks were implemented around 06-07. But regardless, I want the latest part if they made these pumps more durable. I think I'm
Leaning towards the aeromotive pump because it's the cheapest and will be good when I get larger injectors.

·
Registered
569 Posts
If you want to go down to the tuning road, larger injectors etc, then yes, aeromotive pump.
Otherwise either the factory one form Volvo ( which comes together with the sending unit) or you can have the one from Skandix: http://www.skandix.de/en/spare-parts/engine/fuel-mixture-formation/fuel-supply-system/pumps/fuel-feed-unit-electric/1053793/ for less than half price of the Volvo one.
We've installed the exact same into my 04 V70 R 2wks ago. No issues since. No brand name, just Made in Sweden + plug & play.
The part number I got from the Dealer-once asked for the pump: 30761744

I'll buy the aeromitive pump later this year and rebuild the old one.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those numbers are huge. More than I'll ever need. I don't want to go e85 because it's too much of a hassle. I think there is one gas station 30 miles away from me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts