SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this about 2004 S60, not sure if it includes the R. Could this be causing the stutter that some of us experience in our 2004's? I am trying to put together a game plan once my stuff comes in the mail for cleaning the MAF and changing to IPD TCV. If the issue is still there I was thinking FPS would be next. <p>Auto Recall Date:<br>JUN 05, 2007<br>Vehicle Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING<br>Estimated Vehicles Affected: 38700<br>2004 Volvo S60 Defect Summary:<br>ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, THE FUEL PRESSURE SENSOR LOCATED ON THE LEFT END OF THE FUEL RAIL MAY, AT TIMES, TRANSMIT INCORRECT SIGNAL REGARDING THE FUEL PRESSURE TO THE ENGINE CONTROL MODULE. IF THE SIGNAL IS OUTSIDE OF THE PRE-PROGRAMMED ALLOWABLE LIMITS, A DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE MAY BE SET AND THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WILL COME ON. THE SOLDERED JOINTS ON THE CIRCUIT BOARD OF THE FUEL PRESSURE SENSOR MAY CRACK DUE TO TEMPERATURE CHANGES AND EXCESSIVE VIBRATIONS.<br>Defect Consequence:<br>MISFIRE MAY OCCUR DURING DRIVING THAT, IN TURN, WILL REDUCE THE ENGINE TORQUE AND IN THE WORST CASE SCENARIO, THE ENGINE MAY STALL WITHOUT WARNING. IN CERTAIN TRAFFIC SITUATIONS THIS COULD CAUSE AN UNSAFE SITUATION AND POSSIBLY A CRASH.<br>Remedy:<br>DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE FUEL PRESSURE SENSOR FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON JUNE 29, 2007. OWNERS MAY CONTACT VOLVO AT 1-800-458-1552.<br>Notes:<br>VOLVO CARS OF N.A. LLC. R181

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Re: (firehawk618)

hey firehawk, this is the kind of info a local Volvo dealer <i>can</i> pull up based on your VIN. Hopefully somebody here can help, but if not, a stop at Volvo should get the info for you. Also, they're different part#'s, so taking off your gray "R" intake manifold cover should also reveal if it's been changed. FYI

1 - 3 of 3 Posts