SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving the R yesterday and during acceleration, the car would buck and hesitate, as if it was missfiring. It seemed to happen often after that, even with little trottle input. Thankfully the CE light came on. I took it to the dealer this morning, and they've ordered a new fuel pressure regulator (per the CE light) - so hopefully that will remedy the problem. <p>I remember someone else posting about this sort of hesitation recently as well, but couldn't find the post.

·
Premium Member
12,504 Posts
Re: fuel pressure regulator (Grendel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Grendel</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was driving the R yesterday and during acceleration, the car would buck and hesitate, as if it was missfiring. It seemed to happen often after that, even with little trottle input. Thankfully the CE light came on. I took it to the dealer this morning, and they've ordered a new fuel pressure regulator (per the CE light) - so hopefully that will remedy the problem. <p>I remember someone else posting about this sort of hesitation recently as well, but couldn't find the post. </TD></TR></TABLE><p>There is no regulator that I know of. There is a sensor on the fuel rail and the on-demand pump module that is part of in-tank pump assembly

·
Registered
872 Posts
Re: (23109VC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>23109VC</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i had this problem. fuel pressure sensor si what they replaced and it's fine now.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Same here

·
Registered
163 Posts
Re: (minorthr)

One member had the: PEM (Pump Electronic Module), Sensor, and Fuel Pump replaced recently. I think that took a FTS authorization though.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Re: (minorthr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>minorthr</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>Same here </TD></TR></TABLE><p>Same here as well.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (Filson)

I got the car back today. The CE light was on for ecm code 2100, fuel pressure regulator which was a stored code. <p>23819 fuel injection control system was an open code.<p>They replaced the map sensor, p/n 8699449, and replaced the fuel pressure regulator (no part #, but the line # is 28406). <p>Also had the 30k service done, and had a new battery installed (preventative maintenance). The bucking is gone, so hopefully my move to Chicago in a few months will go smoothly.

·
Registered
2005 V70R, Midnight Blue, M66
2,124 Posts
Re: (Grendel)

Sounds like a bit of a "shotgun" approach.<p>MAF and pressue sensor are only related in that they are part of fuel management. Not likely that both of them failed, but each of them do give similar symptoms, so the dealer did you a favor if they did not "guess" right on one or the other.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (rogersampson)

So I'm guessing that the fuel pressure "regulator" is instead a fuel pressure sensor? I guess I did get a good deal then by having them replace both possible culprits.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Grendel</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So I'm guessing that the fuel pressure "regulator" is instead a fuel pressure sensor? </TD></TR></TABLE><p>regulator is different from a sensor.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Grendel</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is the regulator the on-demand pump assembly that Jim Lill was talking about?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>well Jim said there is no regulator and I trust he knows what he is talking about, so the ECU uses a sensor and a different module to adjust its pressure, so they either replaced your sensor or module, from what I understand.

·
Registered
2005 V70R, Midnight Blue, M66
2,124 Posts
Re: (phuz)

It does not sound like any "module" was replaced.<p>The MAF/MAP is on the air intake side of the fuel management system, and the pressure sensor is on the fuel side of the system.<p>The Pump Module, has no intelligence, but is only a PWM signal amplifier to drive the demand pump.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts