SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys

Lucky me has come across another issue

lately I have experienced low gas mileage and slow boost build/slower acceleration. Incorporated with that I have been having misfires on all cylinders randomly under random driving condtions. The misfires dont even throw a CEL

anyways, used VIDA and came up with this

ECM-2900 (fuel pressure-fault)
ECM-440B fuel level-signal missing

Volvo Of Worcester up here denied me service.....

So Im trying to see what the heck is going on..

Side note fuel pressure goes up under deacceleration.
And under acceleration pressure goes down a bit

Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Denied you service?!?!?! what was their reasoning? that's just retarded.

Could be the FPS. Cheapest of the options too fix yourself (others being fuel pump or fuel PEM)

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Denied you service?!?!?! what was their reasoning? that's just retarded.

Could be the FPS. Cheapest of the options too fix yourself (others being fuel pump or fuel PEM)
because I am "modified"

ya im looking to get a proper check over by someone because I cannot be spending gobs of money on random things :)

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
because I am "modified"

ya im looking to get a proper check over by someone because I cannot be spending gobs of money on random things :)
gobs of money must be more then $75 then since that's how much the FPS cost ;)

Is your car under warranty?

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gobs of money must be more then $75 then since that's how much the FPS cost ;)

Is your car under warranty?
No warranty...IM almost tempted to swap fps with my Moms R lol. but no access to that and she would have a BIRD lol. What doesnt make sense is that fact that the car reads the correct fuel pressure when data loggin with vida....:(

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
No warranty...IM almost tempted to swap fps with my Moms R lol. but no access to that and she would have a BIRD lol. What doesnt make sense is that fact that the car reads the correct fuel pressure when data loggin with vida....:(
Weird, I can see being denied for warranty work but refusing just cause your modified is ridiculous. IDK then my FPR psi readings were crazy when mine failed like shooting up to 130-150 psi in the reader whenever I made a turn :D I replaced the part and all is well. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Weird, I can see being denied for warranty work but refusing just cause your modified is ridiculous. IDK then my FPR psi readings were crazy when mine failed like shooting up to 130-150 psi in the reader whenever I made a turn :D I replaced the part and all is well. Good luck.
And the pressure seems to drop under acceleration lol
When I decelerate it jumps up

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Vio, the voice of reason.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
PEM......mine went bad recently and my gas mileage took a def hit as well as throwing the code for the FPS(although the PEM will throw this code as well when they start to die. My FPS was new-ish)

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
PEM......mine went bad recently and my gas mileage took a def hit as well as throwing the code for the FPS(although the PEM will throw this code as well when they start to die. My FPS was new-ish)
Cost of a Pem ?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I paid like $247? I do get a discount through my parts guy. Close to Tasca's though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts