SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to this forum. I used to have a jaguar and their forums helped me out a lot. Hopefully the same applies here. I have a 2007 S80 with a fuel gauge problem. Sometimes it will read full no matter how far i drive. It seems to want to work for a little bit as shown by the miles to empty display, but continues back to full. Then sometimes if I turn the car off, even though its full, when I turn it back on it will show empty and then slowly move up to the full mark. I'm wondering if this is a hardware issue with the sensors (which is what i would guess ) a an ecu problem. I would not think it's the latter because it just started happening but that's why i'm here...because i just don't know. It is just out of warranty at 60,000 miles. Has anyone else had this problem. I like to go into a repair shop with at least a little knowledge, since i don't know any volvo technicians. Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
This was a common issue with early S80's, particularly V8's.

I hate to say this but fixing the issue will entail dropping the rear subframe and the gas tank……

Most of these cars had this caught early on.

You may want to take it to your Volvo dealer and see if they will do any goodwill assistance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I did bring it into the dealer with this complaint before, I don't remember if they said they fixed it or that the problem went away on its own. I'll have to talk to my father, he's the one that brought it in. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts