SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the fuel intake fitting for a Bosch fuel pump. Where/How do I get one? Thanks.

Steve

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
What kind of pump are you talking about? If it is the original style Bosch pump used on the Djet, there is no separate fitting. The intake is a 1/2" or 9/16" (actually it is metric, somewhere in between the two) barbed fitting as I recall that is integral with the pump head. If the barbed fitting is missing, you have bigger issues!

The discharge port does have a separate screw in 5/16" barbed fitting that contains the discharge check valve. That particular fitting appears to be out of production.

I am unfamiliar with the specifics of the early K jet Bosch pumps that were fitted to the final versions of the 140 series.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
The dropbox is secured with a password.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Same problem, I can't view the photos without an account. You need to link the image file by pasting the image link into your Swedespeed forum post. If the image sharing service does not support that, try photobucket.

The photos below show the original Bosch 3 port pump as used on the D jet on the left and the later 2 port version of the pump which was used by Nissan on the 280 ZX.

The large diameter barbed port at the bottom of the photo is the outlet port which is part of the pump head casting. No separate fitting. If your pump does not look like the pumps in the photos, it is not the original pump.

The pump on the left is a little screwed up as it has a Djet pump head bolted on to a later K jet pump motor. As a result, the discharge port is 180 deg from where it would normally be on an original D jet pump.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Same problem, I can't view the photos without an account. You need to link the image file by pasting the image link into your Swedespeed forum post. If the image sharing service does not support that, try photobucket.

The photos below show the original Bosch 3 port pump as used on the D jet on the left and the later 2 port version of the pump which was used by Nissan on the 280 ZX.

The large diameter barbed port at the bottom of the photo is the outlet port which is part of the pump head casting. No separate fitting. If your pump does not look like the pumps in the photos, it is not the original pump.

The pump on the left is a little screwed up as it has a Djet pump head bolted on to a later K jet pump motor. As a result, the discharge port is 180 deg from where it would normally be on an original D jet pump.
I have the pump on the left. It is the port jutting out on the top left hand side of the pump that I need.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
That is the pump's fuel discharge port, not the fuel intake port. It has the discharge check valve built into it. As far as I know, that fitting is not available separately from the pump from Volvo. The Volvo parts manual does not list it as a separate part.

The Bosch part # appears to be 583 386 011 which seems to cross reference to this item (looks correct) which appears to be unavailable in North America.

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-E3030-1...U/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&l=Product%20Details&pd=1

It does still appear to be available in GB and Europe if you don't mind the price and shipping

http://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/bosch-715573.html

The check valve is not absolutely necessary. It just speeds start up by maintaining pressure in the fuel line. If the fitting has gone missing its a 5/16" barb with likely a metric pipe thread of some kind. A good fitting supplier should be able to provide you with a suitable metric barbed adapter (minus the check valve). If you want to retain the check valve feature, there are externally mounted in-line check valves available if you search around.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Never mind, never mind, never mind....When I saw the picture of your Nissan 280Z fuel pump(I have one) I realized the fitting might be the same. LO and behold...I took the fitting off of the Nissan pump and it fitted perfectly onto the Bosch fuel pump. Problem solved. Thanks for jarring my senses.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts