SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like whenever I fill up when almost empty I can only get 40-45 litres in. I filled up on Sunday until the pump stopped on its own, paid, then drove off. The fuel tank only reads 3/4 full. Why would it shut off at 3/4? I have seen it read full before. I just wonder if the guage is shot, or maybe the sender. If this tank holds 60 litres, and i'm filling up only 40-45 litres, then something isn't reading correctly. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Although I shouldn't admit it, I have put 16.2 gallons in the tank before. But the needle was left of the red section.<P>In my Volvo I always pumped a gallon or so after it clicks off. On newer cars you shouldn't do that. I did that with my Nissan the first time I filled up, it didn't spill but in the first quarter of driving I saw gas spraying out the side of my car.<P>

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah but the problem is I don't really know how much fuel is in the tank. The gauge must not be right if I only manage to get 40-45 litres in every time I fill up. One way to tell is to drive it until it runs out. But I really don't want to do that, especially in rush hour.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts