SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started doing some service work on my 2001 C70 today - timing belt, water pump, thermostat, plugs, evaporator, heater core, A/C dryer, oil change & a fuel filter.
I figured I would start with the fuel filter, I crawled under the car and my fuel lines still had the masking tape on them indicating the filter was original.
I removed the masking tape and pushed and pulled on the lines but they won't come loss. I googled Volvo fuel filter removal and a forum post said to use a 17MM open-end wrench to push the fuel line connecters back and release the fuel filter. I hadn't thought about using a wrench but it made it very easy to remove the fuel filter connectors,
Thought that tip might help somebody, I also put some oil on the fuel filter nipples so they would slid in more easily.

Now for my slight problem
I started removing parts of the dash so that I could get to the evaporator & heater core, when I removed the lower dash panel on the drivers side I noticed their were non-factory screws holding it in place. When I removed the panel I noticed that the upper taps that the panel fits into are broken off completely, so the panel won't clip / hang in place.
Has anybody seen this problem before, it looks like the only way to really fix the problem would be to purchase a new dash board and I don't want to do that, is their any repair kit for this problem or is it very uncommon?
Thanks

·
Registered
605 Posts
VERY common. Plus the screw directly under the steering column is usually toast
I and many others just run a screw thru the removable lower pad into the dashboard
I used an extra Volvo self tapping torx head screw. So it looks factory
Someone here or on VS used magnets
Try googling volvo x70 sagging dash panel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts