SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, first time Volvo owner ever. Decided to go with the 4.4 s80.

While the previous owner has basically done oil changes and the odd unforeseen maintenance items I amd looking to get this car back into its former glory.

Is there a fuel filter that is accessible underneath the car? I've read somewhere that there is only an internal filter in the tank.

Differential service is on the list too
Coolant flush
Powersteering flush(whining)
Transmission flush
Spark plugs
Brake fluid replacement
Caliper service

Oh and maybe some free flowing mufflers with a catalytic converter removal too. At least the aft cat.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I bought one from Volvo, using a Volvo Part Number. It doesn't exist on the car. At least I still haven't found one.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Fuel filter is in gas tank with fuel pump. Located on the top of the tank. Have to lower exhaust and rear differential to get to it.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
438 Posts
I believe it is a part of the pump.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
you sure you cant get to it through the trunk like my neighbor did on his Audi?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Nope. Had my fuel pump replaced and the dealer had to explain to me the labor involved as it was more than the part. Spent 1500...

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
There is no external fuel filter and therefore no service interval. The tank has to be removes in order to access the pump.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
These days, it doesn`t matter to manufacturers that you would have to remove a pump to service a filter. But yes no interval on this filter.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I've literally never fixed a problem that was caused by a clogged fuel filter, be it an external one or one on the pump.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya I'm getting a fuel pressure sensor fault which is giving me a engine light intermittently. Going to replace the sensor first and go from there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts