SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My manual says the fuel filler door can be unlocked with the remote,mine can only be unlocked with the interior panel switch.What am I doing wrong? Yannis?<P>

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VaughnsVolvo:<BR><B>My manual says the fuel filler door can be unlocked with the remote,mine can only be unlocked with the interior panel switch.What am I doing wrong? Yannis?<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Well, the fule filler door should be open when you unlock the driver's door with the remote. That means on the forst "click" of the UNLOCK button you should have two things unlocked, the driver's door and the fuel filler door. Have you tried that? If it does not work, something is not right. Try locking the car and unlocking it again.<P>Let me know.<P>Yannis<BR><P>

·
Registered
287 Posts
I tried it, too, and it doesn't work for me (on an '02 2.4 non-turbo S60). I unlocked the driver's door, then tried to open the fuel filler door. It was still locked.<P>I didn't have time to check what my manual says (was just out grabbing lunch), but regardless of what it says, the fuel filler door definitely does NOT unlock when you unlock the driver's door. Hmmmm... Now I'm dying to see what the manual says. Will check later...<P>

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GrecianVolvo:<BR><B> <BR>Well, the fule filler door should be open when you unlock the driver's door with the remote. That means on the forst "click" of the UNLOCK button you should have two things unlocked, the driver's door and the fuel filler door. Have you tried that? If it does not work, something is not right. Try locking the car and unlocking it again.<P>Let me know.<P>Yannis<P><BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oh my GOD!!! Am I stupid or what? For 2002 models, the fuel filler door is not connected to the central locking system, the way it was for 2001 models. I cannot believe that it did not dawn on me. So, if you have a 2002 model, the fuel filler door has to be unlocked by pressing the release button on the dash.<P>Yannis<P>

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it's nice to know that my car isn't broken...but, it would be nice to have it unlock with the remote because I always forget to unlock it before I get out of the car, but I always have my keys with me.Do you think that a 2002 model could have this enabled through VADIS or is the hardware different?<P>

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VaughnsVolvo:<BR><B>Do you think that a 2002 model could have this enabled through VADIS or is the hardware different?<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>I just checked with Service who told me that, no, you can't use software since the release mechanism is not connected through one of the main modules.<P>Yannis<BR><P>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts