SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,<P>Looked at and test drove the S60 T-5 (only available in auto mode in Singapore).<P>Would like to know the kind of fuel consumption this car gets with this transmission.<P>Thanks in Advance.<P>Damien
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
I got my T-5 last month, so far has done about 1400km. Fuel consumption is about 10.5 litres/100km. Mainly city driving, have not tried on Malaysian highway yet. Best car I ever bought! Engine is pretty quiet even while pushing pedal hard! Performance is superb, Torque magazine tested the T-5 and says that 0-100kmh in 7.2 for the T-5 auto as stated by Volvo is a lie, it is closer to 6.5 sec! I tested BMW, Lexus GS300 and Benz, prefer the T-5.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Forgot to add that it has one of the best built-in sound system I have ever heard in a car! The built in GSM phone (Dual Band) works great! reception is very good in all areas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
FYI, 10.5 litres/100km = 22.4 mpg. <BR>That sounds about right for mostly city driving (according to Volvo estimates). That's actually pretty good for a new car, unless makwok2000 is babying his car <IMG SRC="http://www.swedespeed.com/ubb/smile.gif">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by makwok2000:<BR><B>I got my T-5 last month, so far has done about 1400km. Fuel consumption is about 10.5 litres/100km. Mainly city driving, have not tried on Malaysian highway yet. Best car I ever bought! Engine is pretty quiet even while pushing pedal hard! Performance is superb, Torque magazine tested the T-5 and says that 0-100kmh in 7.2 for the T-5 auto as stated by Volvo is a lie, it is closer to 6.5 sec! I tested BMW, Lexus GS300 and Benz, prefer the T-5. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dear makwok2000,<P>Thanks for the prompt reply. Car sounds great. Any problems encountered since? I did notice a slight turbo lag compared to the Saab 95 but overall, can't really fault the car.<P>Congrats on a great buy!<P>P.S. Which BMW and Merc did you test drive?<P><p>[This message has been edited by damyeu (edited 01-15-2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Tested BMW 325 and Benz C240. So far no complains on the T5, I'm very happy with the car. I didn't really notice any turbo lag, will try to see if there is any when I drive along the ECP or the coast road later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Hi makwok2000, <BR>Happy 4 you to own T5. Have u thought of organising a club where all the members drive the S60??? <IMG SRC="http://www.swedespeed.com/ubb/biggrin.gif">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Wonder how many S60's are there in Singapore. I'm too busy to organise a club but happy to join one if there is any. Answering the previous question about turbo lag, I didn't really notice it. In Volvospy someone said that the older series needs a software update...maybe test cars at smmotors are not updated?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by makwok2000:<BR><B>Wonder how many S60's are there in Singapore. I'm too busy to organise a club but happy to join one if there is any. Answering the previous question about turbo lag, I didn't really notice it. In Volvospy someone said that the older series needs a software update...maybe test cars at smmotors are not updated? </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Dear makwok2000,<P>I've joined the club. Just put on order for a T-5 Cosmos Blue(wife wanted the S80 as I have a 4 year old and another child on the way.). Reviews say that S60 is a better drive and can't imagine myself in such a large vehicle. Women! How's the space for your family?<P>Heard that a motoring journalist from S'pore recently crashed a S60 in Europe during a test drive. Walked out alive and unscathed and promptly sold his CLK 200 for the S60.<P>Will get mine before Valentine's.<P>By the numbers I've seen in the showroom about to be delivered, BMW/Mercedes should be sweating soon if more people buy a car based on performance and value instead of status.<BR><p>[This message has been edited by damyeu (edited 01-19-2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Welcome to the club, and congratulation on your purchase! I have 3 kids, 12, 10 and 5 yrs old, no problem in terms of space. Even manage to add my mother in law together with the kids recently, no complains from her! My wife prefers the S80 too, but manage to talk her out of it. She's happy with our decision, she now love the style and of course the speed <IMG SRC="http://www.swedespeed.com/ubb/smile.gif">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dear makwok2000,<P>I will have to show your reply to my wife. <IMG SRC="http://www.swedespeed.com/ubb/biggrin.gif"><P>By the way, what colour did you puchase. Sorry for being so nosy.<P>Gong Xi Fa Cai to you and your family.<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by makwok2000:<BR><B>Welcome to the club, and congratulation on your purchase! I have 3 kids, 12, 10 and 5 yrs old, no problem in terms of space. Even manage to add my mother in law together with the kids recently, no complains from her! My wife prefers the S80 too, but manage to talk her out of it. She's happy with our decision, she now love the style and of course the speed <IMG SRC="http://www.swedespeed.com/ubb/smile.gif"></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><p>[This message has been edited by damyeu (edited 01-19-2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Was thinking of getting black or red. However, they were out of black and I have to wait till feb. Need to quickly scrap my previous car before end of Dec. My 3 previous cars were red, so thought of changing to something else, finally settle for nautic blue. I have been driving for nearly a month now and have not seen another S60 yet. Where are all the S60s in Singapore? Just finish washing my car, the rims get dirty quickly due to the brake dust. Have not found a good product to prevent or effectively clean them. Best is still to manually wipe them with water and a rag! Wish you and your family a healthy, happy and wealthy new year!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by makwok2000:<BR><B>Was thinking of getting black or red. However, they were out of black and I have to wait till feb. Need to quickly scrap my previous car before end of Dec. My 3 previous cars were red, so thought of changing to something else, finally settle for nautic blue. I have been driving for nearly a month now and have not seen another S60 yet. Where are all the S60s in Singapore? Just finish washing my car, the rims get dirty quickly due to the brake dust. Have not found a good product to prevent or effectively clean them. Best is still to manually wipe them with water and a rag! Wish you and your family a healthy, happy and wealthy new year!</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>They are all in the showroom at the back of SM Motors. Saw at least 15 to be delivered this weekend.<P>I have seen a couple in Raffles Place and Holland Village over the last 2-3 days. There is one parked next to my car at the moment where I live. You are not alone!<P>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Same here saw couple S60 in Taka. carpark.<BR>Never knew that journalist in S'pore able to afford a CLK.Hummm... Anyway good for him S60 is the best car in the market today. Happy driving to all S60 drivers.<BR>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Glad to see such a discussion going on by Singapore S60 owners. Didn't realise this and I opened a new folder for such a purpose. <P>I just got my Comos Blue/Beige T-5 before CNY and love every minute driving this car. However, we should start a club somehow to exchange ideas and concerns, etc.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top