SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey swedespeed

tl;dr - ihatespeedbumps came out to the house (Franklin, TN) and diagnosed the prancing moose with a rod bearing rattle after a series of unfortunate events. selling the entire car for $1500 obro

Your name: Taylor
Preferred method of contact: pm or email taylorshivers at gmail dot com
Price: $1500 obro
Make/Model: S70 T5 Manual
Year: 2000
Mileage: 178,876
Color: 426 silver
Transmission: Manual
Condition: For parts or repair. Will likely need a new motor. It does run, just sounds like garbage
Pictures or a link to an album: will post pictures below, but here's a link to my purchase thread
Options/Packages: it was a Hawaii car, so it has the heated mirrors, but NO heated seats. it's a manual, which is the biggest draw to this car
VIN: YV1LS53D7Y2641000
Modifications: has an R front bumper. 2 prancing moose stickers (+5 hp each), hella supertone horns, ipd (maybe?) lowering springs, walbro fuel pump,
Accident history: none that I know of
Maintenance and service history: I bought the car a little over 2 years ago from someone here in Nashville, and they had just replaced the timing belt, water pump and pcv service. in the last month, I've replaced the injector o-rings, ignition coils, battery, walbro fuel pump and I replaced the cup holder and oem wooden shift knob in the past year. I changed the oil every 3k(ish) miles because I only put 5k miles per year driving it pretty short distances. replaced the thermostat, radiator, coolant expansion tank and hoses, filters, radiator hoses all in the last 1.5 years.

OK. For y'all that want the story, here it goes.

I've been driving this car for the past 2 years, living with some issues that obviously should have been addressed much earlier. But, the car ran fine, and was fun to drive and had a lot of power. One thing that's been happening lately was a fuel smell in the cabin pretty consistently. So, I ordered new o-rings and a set of blues that had been rebuilt from a member here on the forums. I ended up putting the rebuilt injectors in, but it ran rough so I took those out, and put the original injectors back in with new o-rings. Then, the car wouldn't start.
It ended up being the battery, so I replaced the battery and it tried to start but wouldn't turn over.
So, I replaced the spark plugs with Volvo plugs. Still wouldn't start.
So, I replaced the ignition coils with Delphi coils. Still wouldn't start. Checked the pressure in the fuel rail and there was none.
So, I replaced the fuel pump with a walbro unit. It started!! But, it had some loud lifter tick.
I drove it about a mile, but it was limping bad. Brought it back home and shut it down.
A few days later, I decided to check the oil level, and the dipstick was COVERED in fuel. Like, probably a quart or 2 high on the dipstick. I drained the oil and filled it up and the oil that drained could run a car. It was awful. The best guess is that an injector stuck open or all the non-starts just kept dumping fuel into the system.
The car starts now, but knocks like hell. Thankfully, ihatespeedbumps is local and does a lot of work on my wife's XC70 and he swung by after work this week. He brought his stethoscope and after wanting to give me better news, diagnosed Viktor with a rod bearing knock on cylinder 4 and/or 5.
We talked through options and neither of us have the time or space to crack it open to see how bad the damage is, or replace the engine if that's what it needs. So, I'm cutting my losses and selling the car to someone that has the time and space and desire to get Viktor back up and running.
Since I drive 3 miles to work, and that's pretty much it, I'm just going to get a cheap Volvo I can run back and forth in. So, if you have a running Volvo, I will entertain trades. It just has to run well, have 4 doors and be a Volvo. The wife's XC70 gets all of the family duties.

Pictures will be added below.

I'm sure I have a lot more context/story I can throw in, but please ask questions or pay respects to Viktor, the unicorn that he is. #ripprancingmoose

·
Registered
17,314 Posts
Someone should fix this. 1/75 00s imported. A B5234t9, R clutch and smf would make this just completely amazing. GLWS.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$750? Any takers? Going to pick up another Volvo in the next week or so, and I want this gone. Found a B5234t9 on eBay for $640 OBO. Throw that in with a couple other things and get this car up and running for cheap!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Picked up an '04 V70 T5 last night, so I need this car gone. $500 anyone?

For $500, I'm going to keep the Hella Supertones and move those over to the V70. But, I'll keep the brand new interstate battery ($130) in the car as well as 5 new delphi ignition coils, 2 sets of volvo spark plugs and 2 sets of blue injectors. Also, I have all new, in the box, bosch quiet-cast rotors and pads i'll throw in to sweeten the deal. For $500, that's nuts. I'd love to just start parting it out, but I don't have the space or the time to do that. So, come get it and part it out and make money, or fix it up and enjoy it and have some extra parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts