SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So long story short I have had this car for several months now and have been in the process of bringing it back to life bit by bit. Something else has caught my eye and I do not have room for 2 play cars so I'm considering selling it. After putting in many hours/parts/etc this car runs and drives, starts every time and has a strong motor. Idles -20Hg and pulls well in all gears to 10 psi.

Looking for something around $2k...I might not get that but I will entertain offers.

1984 242 Turbo Intercooled w/m46 apx 154k
Power Windows
Power Mirrors
Beat up leather seats
Sunroof
Virgos
VDO Boost Gauge

-Replaced engine wiring harness, New clutch, Cleaned fuel tank, New in take pump and sender

-Replaced all belts, set timing, 100A Denso alternator, waterpump, new accessory bushings

-All new ignition parts: coil/cap/rotor/bosch coppers/Bougicord wires/battery/pos+neg cables.

-Replaced the PCV and changed all of the Vac lines.

-New trans mount.

-Many new fuel system parts: New fuel filter/main pump check valve/used good accumulator/cleaned k-jet injectors + pressure tested/system pressures tested and are in spec. Frequency valve and all associated k-jet parts are working and dwell is set to around 43/44. Also have spare WUR/CPR.

-Suspension: Replaced front springs and strut mounts, new control arms and poly bushings. Have new ball joints and outer tie rods but have yet to install.

Also had to replace the cylinder head with a known good one. This car sat for a while which shows for how the fuel system was operating, what also happened in that time is the valve springs seemed to go flat in the old head. Even though the compression was good (150 across all 4) there was some blow back up the intake runners. In short the valves were not seating correctly, new head solved that with no problems to date. Used new gaskets and o-rings where ever I touched.

In addition to all of this I have some parts that I have yet to install which includes a b230 intake manifold with all the associated upgrade parts, a set of hydras, ac delete bracket and motor mounts.

The body is a little different story, the drivers side rear cheek has had the rust repaired previous to my ownership but the passenger side has not. The underbody is the main issue with some rust along the floorpan/rocker on both sides. Also the pass side rear floorpan needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Is this still for sale? And if so would you say it could make a 400mile trip to Upstate NY from your location in Mass as is?

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No this car isn't for sale anymore, sorry.

The something else that caught my eye didn't pan out (guy never got back to me) so I decided to do a build on this car and fix all of the problems. It's coming along nicely.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Darn lol It's a nice coupe and that's what I'm looking for. I want a fun project 240 and swap a 302 in it. This would have been perfect for that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts