SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Before anything else to avoid wasting anyones time as well as my own, the car is not currently not starting, HOWEVER, the majority of the car is immaculate for the age, THE ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION ARE IN FANTASTIC SHAPE. Details of the issue will follow and the car is priced accordingly, and I am open to offers.

Whats wrong? A few people on here may have seen my post about my immobilizer problems. The car was running fantastic with only a few minor explainable issues but after installing brand new Brembo rotors all the way around, disconnecting the battery for precautionary measures, reconnected, and the car refused to start with the dreaded, "Immobilzer, see manual" message. I have already checked countless causes for the problem as I originally thought the key was bad because it only came with one and was kinda ghetto so I went out and spent $400 on a new key just to get no step closer to the car running. I've tried re-programming the system and recharging the battery as well as replacing the antenna ring, but no luck. Note, when it stopped running it was NOT anything major like an explosion or bang on the road, last time it was on the road it was running smooth.

I really don't want to part out this vehicle becasue I know I could probably get my current asking price from just the rims and the engine.

Currently sits at 157,377k miles, tons and tons of paperwork and service history including many of the major concerns on this car such as a new clutch, slave cylinder, engine mounts, 4C struts***, water pump, brand new Brembo brakes all around, the list goes on, will add all later once I post pictures of the services.

Pros of the car:
- Painted in beautiful Magic Blue metallic exterior
- Blue Nordkap soft leather upholstery
- Original Pegasus Rims with almost NEW tires
- Clutch replacement recently (Will post service history later)
- Im pretty sure this car was pretty fully spec'd apart from Parking sensors
- Xenons with fog lights
- Navigation
- Heated front seats
- AWD
- Desirable 6-Speed
- Un-Modded, nothing aftermarket
- Volvo OEM bluetooth added

Cons of the car:
- Car won't start
- "Chassis settings required" message when running
- small taps and scratches from previous owner
- Leather is looking its age

***The 4C strut message is apparently an electrical thing as the last owner explained to me that he spent like 3k on OEM 4C struts for the front but replaced the rear struts with normal conventional struts without plugging in the 4C system, however, the system still functions as it should, just for the front which seems like it does most of the changes from comfort, sport, advanced.

I'd say the exterior is about a 7/10 for the age and a 7/10 for the interior for the age.

Asking $1,999 but open to offers, highly motivated to sell and need it out of my driveway.

Car is located north of Dallas about 30-40 mins and I will try to assist in any towing needs or shipping requests.

My name is Nathan and the best way to reach me is texting at (214)-701-1332

Clean Blue Texas title in-hand

Link to pictures:

·
Registered
963 Posts
Love the color, Im sure someone her will snag it and know how to fix it

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump! Price lowered!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump! Lowered again! Open to offers!

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lowered yet again! Send me an offer!

·
Registered
92 Posts
just wondering does this car have a sunroof?

·
Registered
16,945 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sure does have a sunroof! Price further lowered to 2k.

·
Registered
16,831 Posts
Surprised it's been sitting (no sale) since September. Must be the worry about a tow bill for anyone within a reasonable distance.
Surely someone must know what this is and can rectify.
Why was there tape in the driver's door window?
Sure does have a sunroof! Price further lowered to 2k.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Did you ever end up trying a new battery?

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Surprised it's been sitting (no sale) since September. Must be the worry about a tow bill for anyone within a reasonable distance.
Surely someone must know what this is and can rectify.
Why was there tape in the driver's door window?
Tape was there after the window kept wanting to roll itself down so as a preventative measure I had temporarily taped it.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Ugggh why you gotta be so far away! I would pick this up in a heartbeat. Have any idea what shipping might run from there to WA?

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
Ugggh why you gotta be so far away! I would pick this up in a heartbeat. Have any idea what shipping might run from there to WA?
~$750-$1000 would be my guess.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts