SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD

I'm returning my S70 AWD to stock-ish, save for the tune. It's just a winter commuter now for me, and I don't need anything modified in it anymore.

I've been debating putting this set up for sale because they're so good for night driving, but the stock headlights will suffice for my needs now.

Build thread: http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/158414-retrofitting-depo-jewel-headlights/?page=2

Video:

What you get:

• DEPO Branded C70 Jewels
  • OEM Volvo Jewel Turn Signals
  • Morimoto 35w Ballasts & Projectors
  • Morimoto 4300K Bulbs (Pure, actual white)
  • TheRetrofitSource Relay Harness

I wanted a setup that mimics the OEM-quality white bulbs used on production cars, NOT a cheaply done HID setup with blue bulbs. This setup will give you the blue cutoff "flicker" that you see on high-end vehicles, but will not emit blue light that is poor at illuminating the road. It's exactly what I wanted.

High-beams activate the solenoid flap inside the projector, letting more light through. This is a true bi-xenon setup, and it works amazing.

The Jewel turn signals were purchased brand new from Tasca Volvo at the time of this retrofit two years ago.

This setup is aimed and ready for drop-in use on any 98-00 S70/V70 or 98-04 C70. Everything is wired up as it should be, leaving only the relay harness to be wired up for power to the battery & frame. I have used this consistently for the last two years with no issue.

Price: $350 firm + actual rate shipping, PM for quotes. Will post more pictures of the pulled setup tonight.

Link to Morimoto retrofit kit: https://www.theretrofitsource.com/c...orimoto-mini-stage-3-kit-h1.html#.VqosRugrLPs

·
Registered
161 Posts
Pretty tempting. I noticed on your build thread that these trigger the "bulb out" light on the dash. Did you ever figure out a work-around or do they still do that? I guess it only happens with the high beams? I guess I'm not entirely sure how these are wired lol.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Pretty tempting. I noticed on your build thread that these trigger the "bulb out" light on the dash. Did you ever figure out a work-around or do they still do that? I guess it only happens with the high beams? I guess I'm not entirely sure how these are wired lol.
Correct. It would be on whenever the low or highbeams were turned on, since the passenger headlight does not use its internal harness for anything but triggering the highbeam solenoid. (The relay harness gets its signal from the driver's side headlight harness and powers both sides from the battery)

I ended up pulling the bulb in my cluster. If I remember right, I did it from underneath the dash with a light and a lucky hand. Didn't need to remove the dashpad and cluster.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Dang those went quick! Definitely a good deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts